“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1823 322722
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Maliha Indian Cuisine & Take Away is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 202 Restaurants in Taunton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night
Description: Authentic traditional Indian cuisine
Reading, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Myself and my partner visited on a Thursday for the banquet night which is £9.95 pp This includes a starter, a main and either rice or naan bread each. The portions are massive so you could easily share a rice and naan if you would like a bit of each.

We opted to have popadoms as extra which was £2 for 4 which came with the pickle tray, this is itself was very satisfying. The mango chutney was smooth which I much prefer, the mint sauce and onion salad were equally lovely in fact I was spoilt for choice on which to eat.

For starter we shared Chicken tikka and Chicken Aloo chat they were both scrummy and very large portions I almost felt full at this stage.

For main we had Chicken Passanda and chicken Balti they were both delicious. I was so full that I left half my rice and 3 pieces of chicken this is how big the portions were. No need for pudding whatsoever.

We Travelled from Reading and were looking on TripAdvisor for food suggestions and this was number 2 on the list and I just love a good curry. I am not easily pleased when it comes to curry.

This restaurant does not look much from the outside, my partner gave me a look of what on earth have you brought me too but he was soon won around. If I ever find myself in the Taunton area again I will be sure to return.

Don't Hesitate amazing food awaits.

“FANTASTIC!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Fantastic starter and main as well as poppadom. Best curry I've ever had. Great prices as well. Definitely worth going too :)

“great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

lovely food and really nice staff! it's great value and enjoy coming on a Wednesday for the banquet night. would recommend it to anyone.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A Jewel in Somerset's Crown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Before I start I should point out that this was a Monday evening and I was the only person in the restaurant. I was in Taunton on business and this restaurant was recommended by a colleague (via TripAdvisor).
The waiter was attentive but not too intrusive, no mean feat given that there were just the two of us in the room!
The food was incredible, one of the best meals I have ever eaten. I opted for something a little different than I would normally have and chose a mixed vegetable curry dish; it was wonderful. The portions were generous too; I'm ashamed to say I couldn't eat it all.
Three days later and I still feel guilty about that!
Reasonably priced too and was well worth the 10 minute walk from the Town centre

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Great food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Some lovely meals on this menu - not quite your usual list of Brit-Indian stuff. Atmosphere is welcoming, and service was speedy.
We've eaten here a few times, and have never been disappointed.

• Visited April 2013