“Fantastic meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Taunton
“Fantastic meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Excellent find after living in Taunton for 7 years.

Worth the distance out of taunton for this real treat. Lovely rural setting in a converted barn on a farm.

Staff were attentive and very welcoming from our first step into the restaurant but never intrusive. Food was divine - I had the steak which was cooked to perfection and the chocolate desert was delicious.

Lovely ambience - and a great experience. Will be recommending and going back again soon

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

UK
“First class cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Although we went on a quiet night, the service unfortunately, was extremely slow, but the food when it came was truly excellent. Podshavers is a converted barn in the country and well worth a visit. I would recommend their duck breast in plum sauce! Their deserts are also very tempting!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely barn conversion restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Since I started dating my boyfriend I have heard on many an occasion Podshavers mentioned by parents and other family members but had yet to visit myself. Last Sunday we visited for lunch as part of a group for a family members birthday. Our party included two young children as well as adults. We all ordered roasts with the exception of two who ordered the fish main. Some of us having three, others having two courses. They have a set menu on a Sunday which is very reasonably priced for the quality of food offered. I had the lobster and prawn salad to start which was delicious maybe not as much lobster as I had hoped but still lovely. Followed by the lamb roast very nice, I imagine locally sourced and a big portion of meat included. Then for dessert I had the sherry trifle very nice and just the right amount of cream for my taste on top.

The service in the restaurant was also very good we were a little apprehensive as to what the two children would eat but when we mentioned this to the waitress she immediately said smaller portions were fine no problem whatsoever. I also noticed a family on another table had been offered a highchair for there baby which I thought was very good. I think it's nice to see the younger members of a family group catered for and welcomed without question. One thing I would say is although for Sunday lunch this restaurant is family friendly for well behaved children, however in the evening I would say it would probably be very much for adults.

I do hope to go back at some point not only because the food was very good but also because they do quite a good selection of seafood. Which may seem odd considering the location (a converted barn in a rural location) but after trying the prawn and lobster salad I imagine very good!

Devon
“Lovely meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just had Sunday lunch at Podshavers Barn. Unusual restaurant and something different from the usual pubs in this area. Although there were only roast dinners, they were delicious. They made a special dish for our vegetarian friend. We all had different deserts and we all agreed they were fabulous. Thoroughly recommend this restaurant. We will be going back to enjoy the weekday menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bridgwater, England, United Kingdom
“Actual food not reveiwable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I called to book a table for two and then asked the gentleman on the other end of the phone what sort of vegetarian selection they had and received a reply of sorry you've called the wrong place we don't have a vegiterian selection on the menu. What day an age is this place in that they don't even have a single meal on the menu for a vegiterian!!!!!! I've only given a one score rating as the gentleman that answered the phone was polite, it's a shame that we didn't get the chance to eat there and give a proper overall score.

Visited September 2013