On the plus side, welcoming and attentive young staff (owner was away) and lovely log fires to warm up after walking the dog. Spacious room with equally spacious bed and bathroom - easy tread stairs to first floor Garden room. Breakfast had plenty of choice and their home produce was delicious, especially the eggs. The evening meals we opted for were on the whole pretty good - although I felt mine was slightly over-cooked. If we were being "picky" we think that a little more realistic price would have been £90 per person per night for dinner bed and breakfast. Basically, a slightly over-priced but good quality country hotel which we enjoyed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful Country House Hotel. The building dates from 1762 and carries many of it's original fetures. Delightful, individually decorated rooms, lovely restaurant offering the best of locally sourced & seasonal produce, log fires by winter and lovely gardens by summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farthings Country Hotel
- Farthings Country Taunton
- Farthings Country House Hotel And Restaurant Taunton, Somerset