“What can I add ?” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
UK
“What can I add ?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

It's difficult to say anything which hasn't been said already about this delightful restaurant. We had a very warm welcome on what was a dreary rainy Spring evening. A wonderful meal and yes, the cheese soufflé is as good as everyone says it is, in a relaxed, friendly, "grown up" atmosphere. Each course looked as good as it tasted and was served at just the right pace, neither too slow or too fast. Such an enjoyable evening

Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We visited the Willow Tree for my wife's birthday. I have to say that the positive ratings, and awards the Willow Tree has been given are absolutely deserved. This was by far, one of the best meals (top three for sure) that I have ever had. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, I cannot speak highly enough of this restaurant, we will be back soon!

Hereford, United Kingdom
“Magnificent dinner in relaxing and welcoming ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Having read the great reviews of the Willow Tree, we went with high expectations. Yet the restaurant managed to exceed our expectations in every way. From the moment we walked in the front of house team took over by hanging our coats on named tags then took our order in the bar. Our upstairs dining room was fabulous with intimate lighting and a warm, inviting ambience. Our starter of Montgomery Soufflé was an absolute triumph; cooked immediately from our order. The main courses were spot-on, showing the chef has confidence in creating superbly balanced food with a twist of modern. Wines were sensibly-priced and well-matched.

Overall the evening was faultless with an attention to detail that was evident in the setting, the dining and the service. We walked back to our hotel and continued to praise the Willow Tree late into the night; it was an amazing evening that will be long-remembered! Our best thanks to the team.

Taunton, United Kingdom
“Their food is so so good...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is the second time that we have eaten in this restaurant, and when we recently wanted to celebrate our Wedding anniversary we had no hesitation in returning. We were not disappointed, as we had fantastic food, great service, and all priced just right. This has to be the BEST restaurant in Taunton!!

Buckinghamshire uk
“Willow Tree”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My wife and I decided to have a weekend break in Somerset to celebrate our anniversary. As is our want we normally include a visit to what we hope is a good restaurant. My wife a great one for discovering great gems, and extensive research on her I-pad found the Willow Tree.

She had hoped to book it for the Saturday but was unable to, but the Rita, front of house, was able to reserve a table for Friday.

We arrived by taxi, funnily enough or driver wasn't sure of the Willow Trees location and escorted us to the door, for his own peace of mind and to make sure he knew where to collect us from. That in it's self I thought was great service.Unfortunately you can't drive straight to the front door as the restaurant is tucked away down a little lane without vehicular access, but none the worse for that.

From the outside the Willow Tree looks like it was once a house and is very welcoming and unpretentious. We were warmly welcomed by the staff and took a seat in the reception area/bar and mulled over the menu while having a couple of drinks. The staff were attentive but not intrusive and nothing appeared to be too much trouble.

The meal itself was divine, my wife and I both having pork, could not recall having had a better meal. We could have both eaten the main course again it was so good.

On the back of our first experience at the Willow Tree I would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone visiting Taunton and wishing to have a fine meal, whatever the occasion. I can't wait to go again.

I would like this opportunity to thank Rita and the staff for making our evening a special one.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere