“worth the journey” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“worth the journey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

needed to find somewhere for a meal in order to surprise my mum for her birthday . Dad bought her up from Dorset and I traveled from Birmingham for lunch. Sought suggestions from Trip Advisor and this looked fab.
My dad likes plain food - to him garlic, herbs, salad dressing etc are the work of the devil ! So i was slightly worried he would not like the menu.
However, miracles never cease, parents had fish and chips and even when mum mentioned she thought there was a hint of mint in the peas, Dad carried on eating !
I had the mussels in cider and they were delicious.
Staff were friendly & welcoming and they allowed mums two dogs inside , which made my parents happy.
Worth the journey and will definitely take time to revisit on route to visit the parents in future.

Buxton, United Kingdom
“Taunton services southbound”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed at Days Inn southbound on the M5, checked out beforehand places to eat locally, luckily I found the Queens Arms Pitminster. The food and beer was excellent, also the instructions back to the services.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Taunton, England, United Kingdom
“What a fantastic, welcoming pub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

About 25 of us went to the queens arms for a birthday evening meal.
The food was fantastic, on time and presented very well. You would not have known there were so many in our party as everything came out quickly and was delicious. I had fish and chips, the fish was fantastic i couldn't fault my meal. The atmosphere was welcoming. The decor was lovely and light still keeping its country pub feel. The owners are very welcoming of children and dogs. This pub is a must for people living or stopping over in Somerset.

Derby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I visited here with a friend and her children for lunch. A really friendly atmosphere and welcoming staff. I had the duck with celeriac mash followed by the rhubarb fumble - a hedonistic mix of raspberries, custard and cream with crumble too. The balance of flavours was executed perfectly throughout, and as lady who likes good food this really hit the spot! There is a great area downstairs with skittles in which the kids loved, and the chef even came out to check everything was ok and to advise on his specials. All round it was a lovely experience: thoroughly recommended!

• Visited January 2014
Taunton, United Kingdom
“michelin star quality...every time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I count ourselves as extremely lucky to live so close to The Queens Arms in Pitminster. We started dining at the pub soon after moving to Taunton in 2012 and have never looked back. The chef is a total genius and his slowly evolving seasonal menu never ceases to impress us.

We're both big foodies and still can't believe that we can get Michelin star quality food on our doorstep for ultra-reasonable prices. We've eaten at Tom Kerridge's pub the hand and flowers, Stephen Terry's The Hardwick, and Michel Roux's Le Gavroche, so quality food is where we're at. How cool to have this standard of food a couple of miles down the road.

If you live in the locality, then I urge you to support this delightful and charming establishment, you won't be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere