“Great meal and service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 327 Restaurants in Wakefield
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Cow Shed focuses on serving local seasonal produce, cooked with a modern English style – presented to you in our cosey and intimate dining room by a professional team of attentive waiting staff, and accompanied by a wide selection of wines.
“Great meal and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We went to the cow shed for a meal it was a gift we had a lovely time the meal was lovely and the service was Excelent i would recommend this to anybody that want something a bit differant

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“What a gem of a place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Beautiful restaurant, prepare to be amazed. Atmosphere is wonderful and its very spacious and relaxed here. Food is fantastic and early bird menu offers excellent value for money. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Get together with special friends.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

As previous visits enjoyed a very pleasant evening in this comfortable restaurant always a nice atmosphere ,service from staff friendly and attentive ,food was well presented ate three courses from early bird menu excellent value in our opinion.will certainly return .

Visited April 2014
Lofthouse, United Kingdom
“Resturant food how it should be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Having just moved to the area this was my chance to get to the Cow Shed.
I have passed it often and heard good things ... and I was not disappointed!

Steak was the meal of the day ... all 5 of us ordered steak and no one was disappointed!
Tasty ... succulent and just the way I like it!

Surroundings were casual but classy and my girlfriend, parents and brother really enjoyed it.

Will be visiting again ... but I feel this is a grest place for birthdays or special occasions ... the food and atmosphere match it.
Price wise ... tad more expensive than some places I've been to ... but I think it was worth it!

Tasty, filling and quality

“Terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Booked for a table of 7 with some work colleagues. The vegetables in my soup were undercooked and crunchy, I ordered a medium fillet steak which came out very rare. In addition I found the service from one waiter in particular appalling and the attitude very displeasing. He also took one of our orders incorrectly so one of my colleagues had to wait a further 10 minutes for his food after we had our mains delivered to the table. The positives , well the chips were excellent with the mains and the cheesecake I had for dessert was out of this world, hence I rate this visit 2/5. I'm sorry, but for high level prices, we all agreed that the service and standards were poor. Will never return to this place there are far better restaurants around for much lower prices.