“City break for 2” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Wakefield
Denbighshire, United Kingdom
“City break for 2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Time for some mother and daughter time in the city of Wakefield. Short walk to trinity walk shopping centre, with girly shops and places to dine.

Hotel was clean and well presented, good parking, room clean and presentable

Intend to return

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
skipton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

An appalling experience - I was woken many times during the night by (drunk?) businessmen getting in after 1am ... one seemed to have lost his keys so the hotel staff came up to join in the party outside my bedroom door to sort him out. Really appalling. There seems to be no soundproofing at all - the drunk next door might as well have been sharing my room (yuck). Also, it's in a pretty unpleasant area of town. On checking out, I complained about the frequent disturbances and the hotel staff said that these men had turned up at 1 am and the only rooms were next to mine. If you are a business traveller, definitely avoid this place - it might be ok if you are just in town to get drunk and rowdy. As a professional woman on my own, I thought it was utterly dreadful. No refund either! Ugh.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Richard W, General Manager at CitiLodge Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear ptskipton

I am sorry to hear that your stay with Citilodge Hotel was not a great experience for yourself.
Myself and the hotel team strive at all times to make every guests stay is as enjoyable as possible.
I am deeply sorry to hear that on this occasion we failed to meet yours and our expectations that we strive to achieve here at Citilodge hotel.
Please can I ask you to contact myself on 01924 200930 so I can help rectify the bad experience that you encountered at our hotel and to personally apologize for the negative experience.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

After staying here before when it was Travelodge the rooms aren't that much different but they are making changes to the front of house & it's looking very nice.
Greeted at reception & straight away they couldn't do enough to help. Top marks for a no frills stay but the staff did what they could to make it feel like a high end hotel. Will be staying again & I am interested to see breakfast next time.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Recently visited the hotel and found it a pleasant experience.The staff on reception was very polite and helpful.

There is currently no food being served on site at the moment but that is in hand I was told however there is plenty of places to eat around within walking distance.

It is going through a current refurb but the rooms they have done recently are to a good standard and the price is very good beats everyone else in the area certainly would stay again

Room Tip: ask for the refurb rooms !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

At 20 a night they'll do well. Friendly staff, clean rooms and flat screen tvs. What more can you ask for? Bed a little springy but nice big room. Very happy :)
Location very convenient too
Let's hope it stays reasonably priced as I'll be coming back regularly if it does!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Selby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel rocks!! For such a bargain price at £20 for the 3 of us i expected really low standards...however, to my surprise everything about this hotel is spot on for what you pay. The location is perfect for a night out and the rooms are spacious and comfy. This hotel saved us lots of money in taxi fayres and it has now become our local...we will be back once a month without fail. I love it!!!!!! Amazing...bargain!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Batley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

When I was looking for a room for my baby and me I was looking for safe and very, very cheap. I was very impressed by what I got.
I booked online, getting a family room for the same price as the standard double (£30), which I prefered as my baby is very active and I wanted plenty of room for him to play. I was able to request a travel cot and room with a bathtub which was very helpful.
Upon arrival my husband sorted things out and the desk them showed me to the room, we were advised about keeping the key card away from our mobiles as the signal can disrupt the cards codes.

I had been expecting a very low quality room from the other reviews I had read, but was pleasantly surprised by the quality and cleanliness f the room. All beds were made, bathroom, floors and beds all clean (spotless white sheets), the decor was calm and modern, the quilts and pillows warm and full (not flat or lumpy), the bed was comfortable (even my baby loved the bed, he found it very bouncy) and I've not had to worry about sockets as they are all out of my babys reach. Towels were provided, as was a cute bar of soap. My husband and I were so happy with the room we immediately booked an extra night, which we got for only £20!
Customer service was good too, when I ordered a take-away it was brought directly to my room for me which was very helpful as my baby was sleeping.

There is a nice local indoor play area across the road where I plan on taking my baby too and lots of good quality food nearby.

Overall I am thrilled with my experience.

Room Tip: Family room has more space at the same price.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to CitiLodge Hotel? Share your experiences!