“Really nice but a little bit manic.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Really nice but a little bit manic.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Arrived clearly at a peak time as there were loads of people waiting to be seated and waiting for their takeaways. Luckily we booked in advance so we were seated straight away. The restaurant itself looks really fancy and modern - we were both really impressed. Food was really nice, arrived quickly and was really nicely presented. With it being Valentines Day, all the girls in the restaurant were presented with a single (real) red rose upon leaving which was a really nice touch. There were only two things which I wasn't really impressed with. When we asked to see the dessert menu, the waiter just shook his head and said 'tea or coffee?' A restaurant that doesn't do desserts seems to be missing a trick, really. Not really sure if they just simply don't do desserts or if they weren't serving desserts that night because they just wanted us to leave because they needed our table. This didn't ruin the night at all but even my partner agreed that this was a bit strange. The other thing was that during the meal, the staff were constantly shouting to each other over the tables. I know that the place was busy but they could have chatted near the reception area and not shouted over customers heads. I was being served my main and the waiter didn't say a thing to me as he was too busy shouting to the owner near the door! I even heard the guy on the table next to me say 'If one more waiter shouts next to our table, I'm going to have to say something.' Service wasn't bad at all but I got the distinct feeling that if anybody was to complain about anything, they wouldn't be compensated - they'd just be argued with. Will probably return.

Visited February 2014

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Become a regular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Fantastic food, fantastic service, great price good atmosphere, can pop in when you have finished work, go in Jeans dress up - whatever suits. You certainly feel comfortable whatever but be warned you will be full just with a starter and main meal so choose wisely if you want a dessert!!

Visited January 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Average!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Ate here with a friend on Wednesday night,haven't been here for a while and after reading current reviews on here I was wary of what to find.Im sorry but the wow factor has left this place,yes it was moderately busy for a mid week night but lacking atmosphere.the staff seemed to do what was expected from them but no more,where has the character gone?
The young waiter who took our order was abrupt and the only staff who had a smile was the older waiter who seemed content that we had praised the meal.food quality was good but it makes me wonder if there are issues behind the scenes.I won't be rushing back,there's better out there.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Don't waste your Money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I went there with some work friends we found the food really greasy and bland.The staff seemed to rush us so they could clear the table and the owner was very loud and unpleasant character he was shouting and swearing at the staff.I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone awful experience please don't waste your money

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mirfield, England, United Kingdom
“Curry Club Night Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Six of us go out at least once a month to a different Asian Restaurant and this was our choice this month. Seated fairly quickly but it was very congested with diners paying, arriving and the queue for takeaways. Drinks cam quickly once seated. Ordered food and our starters were good and came promptly. We had a little wait for our main courses which were very good overall but the side orders were not very hot. Lots of coffee after the meal and a free during for us all. Ruby's Lounge in Mirfield is still the best!

• Visited November 2013