“Fantastic food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
yorkshire
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Food always good never had a bad meal, all cooking and preparation done in full view of customer - kitchen spotless. Would highly recommend.

Visited February 2013

“Colourful, beautiful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Had a takeaway from Abdul's the other evening, it was wonderful. We ordered dishes we had not tried before and all were delicious, although we have only been here once before about 4 years ago when we moved to Wakefield. We shall certainly come back again, although I wish they delivered. The peshwari nans and the ordinary ones were the best we have ever tasted. Somehow the food has a healthy look about it so you don't feel so bad eating so much, I must say the mango lassi was also very refreshing It is also interesting to see the chefs at work in front of you. The young lady serving was very efficient and even got a young man to carry my order out to the car. Well done Abdul's!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
wakefield
“Best takeaway in Wakefield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Lovely, clean place, fab food. I can only comment on the vegetarian dishes and these are great, not the usual layer of orange grease you normally get over your Indian takeaways. We ALWAYS use Abdul's.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Never Disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I've been using Abdul's takeaway/cafe for many years and can HONESTLY say I've never had a bad dish especially on the nights when Abdul himself is running the show. Try Lamb Karahi - the lamb melts in your mouth. Or Chicken Zafrani which is equally good. The Byriani is the best you'll ever taste with REAL vegetables in it and not just some old frozen slops from the supermarket value range. Punjabi Paratha is to die for although probably not so good for the waistline. I've been fortunate enough to travel a bit and I've eaten in many Asian food places over the years, some slop houses, and some branding themselves 4-5 star. Let me tell you none of them are as good as this place. If you want good food, good portions, good prices, and you want them consistently good, there's no ther place in Wakefield at least. Never tried the Ponte branch but I've no reason to doubt it's just as good. I tried another recently opened Wakefield restaurant's takeaway service recently, paid an extra 8 quid for more or less the same as I get from Abdul's, and it wasn't a patch on this.Keep up the good work Abdul.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Scrummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was upset about a hard decision I needed to make and needed some time out and some good food in me. Abdul's provided amazing food at amazing prices. It's the first time I ever eaten an entire Indian meal and now, won't be the last x

Visited February 2013