“What others should aspire to” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 31 (Grill!at 31)

31 (Grill!at 31)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Barbecue, Greek, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Grill! Serving the finest local reared meat and fresh seafood, specialising in Cypriot dishes, grilled to perfection over our charcoal & hickory fire.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“What others should aspire to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wif and I ate here on Saturday evening and I have to say it is the best food we have eaten in the Wakefield area for twenty years.
We had a starter of large prans with chorizo which was that good i could have had it for my main course then I had as tender piece of slow cooked lamb as I have ever had the priveelege of eating while my wife had a delicate piece of line caught cod then we had profritoroles.
All In all a wonderful meal with knowledgeable staff that are not overbearing.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited here on 21/02/2013/. we had walked past many times on our way to Bella Roma so decided to give it a try. The first thing i must say is i have never met a waitress (think it was the owner) who has had as much knowledge about the menu,What things taste like and where ingredients are sourced from.Normally in most restaurants you ask such questions to be met by "i dont know ill go ask". Not the case here she was fantastic.The menu was large enough and gave good choice. I had Halloumi for start with and got four large slices.Other places tend to skimp on their portions.My partner had the Chick pea and spinach fritters which also were a good portion. Main i had the greek sausage stew (Cant remember the name).It was filling and tasty. My partner had the chicken with pitta bread and dip this was tender and tasty. We had the Greek beer to drink which was also good.The only negative would be the place was a little cold but this didnt spoil our evening by any means. We will eat here again and reccomend to family and friends.I can tell why this place is ranked number one in Wakefield.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Visited on friday this time as always the food and service outstanding david and his team doing a great job always enjoying going

“Appalling!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The first time we went to 31 the food was lovely. Things have certainly gone downhill since November last year. The wine was awful with the cork breaking with the excuse of the waiter...'we need a new corkscrew....'. Starters came garlic and vine tomato bread....Raw garlic...not nice at all, garlic mushrooms a sloppy mess!! Mains...chicken saganaki....microwaved and certainly not how the Greeks serve it!! Steak au poivre...err minus the pepper sauce which had to be requested. It looked and tasted like warmed up cream with a load of ground black pepper with an acrid horrid taste. The steak was charcoaled to death on the underside and with the 'home made chips' left a film of grease on my palette. We were advised a side salad was provided with main meals but this didnt turn up and after having to ask for the pepper sauce just gave up.This was topped off with the smell of disinfectant coming from the kitchen which I tasted with every bite. Reminded me of my mother cleaning up vomit from my childhood days. So asked for the bill, placed our card on the table to be told, sorry we dont take card payments anymore there is a cash machine around the corner. We will NEVER eat here again and quite frankly, watching the owner swig his beer in the kitchen we should have known this place in on the downturn. Avoid at all costs in our opinion, overpriced...disgusting and disgusted!

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
cafe31, Owner at 31 (Grill!at 31), responded to this review, February 24, 2013
what is always a good idea when making such views public is to try to stick to the truth, lies and mistruths and made up ideas about what you think goes on pulls your valid points into the cess pit marked 'garbage'. we don't microwave a saganaki, i like a beer during service,we squirt disinfectant on spillages in THE TOILET, we don't accept cards anymore, the waiter should have given you another bottle of wine..... all true! what you should have done were you so appalled and upset etc is asked to speak to me, or refused to pay for your wine,mentioned that your steak would better be put to use at Drax, or not left a £6 tip, anything really that would have earmarked there to be a problem. or did you visit with the attention of writing this no matter what......... very strange behaviour, but hey... thanks for writing
“Superb dining experiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went on valentines first time here was expecting to be jamed in like sardines due to size of place but was pleasently suprised ,got a nice table plenty of room candle etc very nice ambiance ,waitress was very informative ,she could be owner not sure ,picked 3 course meal for 2 had a starter platter for 2 filled table and us lol very tasty then stake and lobster tail ,couldnt eat it all was full steak was defo one of best I have ever had cooked to perfection ,waitress gave us recovery time before desserts :-) cheesecake and lemon merrange very tasty all washed down with our own wine ,you can bring ure own or buy it there which is a good idea ,all in all was in there over two hours never rushed nice and chilled out excellent dining experiance would say not a place to go if you are in a rush though just chill and enjoy will be back !!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere