“cosy” 4 of 5 stars

671 barnsley road | newmillerdam, Wakefield, England
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: British
Description: out walking and found this cafe it has only just opened april 2011. Would like to say what a lovely find it was. The produce was beautiful and such lovely staff. I think they deserve to suceed. Everything was good and it wasn't expensive. They serve cakes hot cold sandwiches, soup jacket patotoes.
London, United Kingdom
“cosy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

very reasonable. All the cakes looked home-made.They kindly adjusted a dish to suit.

Visited February 2012

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Best surroundings, lovely service, nice breckie, lovely tea but not enough beans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Very well presented but we have only ever been here for breakwarrr.

The vegetarian one is my fave and the worse half prefers meat in her mouth, although she said it does not have quite enough beans on the breakfast. I wouldn't know, I do not eat beans.

Eggs in order and a lovely amiable warm service is provided.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“charismatic cafe in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

this tastefully decorated cosy cafe has it all.Delicious, locally sourced food at reasonable prices, perfect location for lunch or afternoon tea following a walk around beautiful Newmillerdam country park and an outside seating area. It is ideal for dog-walkers who can tether their pooches to the rings outside or bring them into the patio area. Clean water bowls are supplied for canine customers.
I have not yet tried their themed evenings and activity sessions but look forward to doing so.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Wish we'd found it earlier”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We visit newmillerdam quite regularly, but have the café over the road and the nearby pubs have never really appealed. Just as we were about to return to the car we noticed a small board pointing us in the direction of the cafe – it’s slighty out of view, just round the corner from the water, next to the Toby Carvery - and thought we'd give it a try.

In short, they served great home made food for next to nothing. I had two big fishcakes with sweet potatoes and salad. If I was being picky I’d say that they should perhaps reconsider serving potato based fishcakes with potatoes, but for £5.50 even I can’t complain (well I suppose I just have, but i'm giving it 5* and i'll definately be back!). There was a nice range of food and drinks – soup, cakes, icecream, breakfasts, mains, sandwiches, hot chocolate, tea, coffee, smoothies etc. We’ll definitely go again whenever we walk around the dam!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Ideal for coffee, lunch or tea. Good range of food and some interesting items on the menu. Great service. Good for mums and kids