“Superb. time after time.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 202 Restaurants in Darlington
Cuisines: English
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions
“Superb. time after time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012 via mobile

We have visited the bridge inn on numerous occasions and we have never been disappointed. polite and courteous staff and great value. Sunday carvery is a must try for anyone.

Richmond,
“Excellent food, excellent service without being stuffy and very accomodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

We have often been to the Bridge Inn at Stapleton. Last night was a 50th birthday party with family. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. The table was set just as I had asked and advice was given on the meals. With two disabled people amongst us we had plenty of room. Lovely atmosphere and as always the food was excellent.

• Visited February 2012
“Northern Delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012 via mobile

This resturant was highly recommended to by friends and family. Being a very fussy eater I didn't get my hopes up to much as I wasn't shure wether I would enjoy the evening. HAW WRONG I WAS! On arriving we were greated by a very pleasant young lady who made me and my partner feel very welcome. After being seated out our table within the very cosey and homely surroundings of the resturant I began to decide on y choice of meal. After a long hard think I decide on the t bone steak. After drinking half a bottle of the best red wine I've Ever had with a meal, my steak arrived. To my surprise I had ordered a steak half the size of myself! Accompanied By onion rings, tomato, salad, chips and a vast selection of sauces. Everything tasted fesh and extremley well seasoned. After eating what was by for the best steak I've ever eaten, I was far to full to have a desert but the selection was a very varied choice to suit every ones taste. After settling the bill we were made to feel very welcome to stay and relax while drinking our wine. Which I felt was a lovley touch. Any way I've gone on enough naw. I will finish off this review by saying if ur thinking of ever eating again, you have to go the the bridge. Amazing food, amazing atmosphere, extremely friendly staff. DEFINETLY NOT TO MISS.

Durham, United Kingdom
“I was wrong....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012 via mobile

Having eaten at the bridge previously and was unimpressed and left a review saying so I was persuaded to return by family for a evening out. Had to post another review to be fair on establishment as food was wonderful as was the service. I still feel its a little pricey but the quality of the food we were served was beyond reproach. Started with garlic mushrooms ( divine) followed by sirloin steak with perfectly cooked potatoes and veg. Too full for a pudding. Staff were attentive and polite. Couldnt fault anything.... And I will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northeast England
“special occassions”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We have been several times over the past few years, but the last couple of years have been terrible. The service is second to none but the food especially the sirloin steaks the last twice we have been. Previoos occassions the steak was supurb. The last twice the Sirloin did not taste like Sirloin it tasted like brisket.Iam afraid unless we hear any differnt we will keep clease

Warrenheadchef, Owner at The Bridge Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Hi there thankyou for your comments!
Our Sirloin that we have been using is Aberdeen Angus, one of the highest quality of beef available, But i apologise it wasnt to your taste. I can assure you that the meal that you were served was most deffinately sirloin, as we pride ourselves on quality produce. We go to great
lengths to select our produce that we serve, and brisket steak has never, and will never be used within my establishment. If at any time a client is unsure of what we are serving they are more than welcome to attend one of our services to view our produce and our processes.
January 2012