“I was wrong....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 208 Restaurants in Darlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Durham, United Kingdom
“I was wrong....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Having eaten at the bridge previously and was unimpressed and left a review saying so I was persuaded to return by family for a evening out. Had to post another review to be fair on establishment as food was wonderful as was the service. I still feel its a little pricey but the quality of the food we were served was beyond reproach. Started with garlic mushrooms ( divine) followed by sirloin steak with perfectly cooked potatoes and veg. Too full for a pudding. Staff were attentive and polite. Couldnt fault anything.... And I will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Northeast England
“special occassions”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We have been several times over the past few years, but the last couple of years have been terrible. The service is second to none but the food especially the sirloin steaks the last twice we have been. Previoos occassions the steak was supurb. The last twice the Sirloin did not taste like Sirloin it tasted like brisket.Iam afraid unless we hear any differnt we will keep clease

Warrenheadchef, Owner at The Bridge Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Hi there thankyou for your comments!
Our Sirloin that we have been using is Aberdeen Angus, one of the highest quality of beef available, But i apologise it wasnt to your taste. I can assure you that the meal that you were served was most deffinately sirloin, as we pride ourselves on quality produce. We go to great
lengths to select our produce that we serve, and brisket steak has never, and will never be used within my establishment. If at any time a client is unsure of what we are serving they are more than welcome to attend one of our services to view our produce and our processes.
January 2012
Warren Kreft
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Lovely sunday carvery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Everytime we have been the meal has been excellent. But I prefer sunday carvery to evening meals there.

Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
“Exceptional!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

My husband & I visited The Bridge Inn last night for my 40th Birthday treat......
- WOW!!!!
Exceptional just doesn't cut it!

The food was PERFECT! The ambience & hospitality were wonderful and the waiting staff were immaculate, friendly, very polite and extremely helpful.

I could only manage half of the 'Billy Bunter' mixed grill that I ordered, so they boxed it for me to take home (I knew it would be large, the waitress told me what was included in the dish!)
And it's quite rare to ask for a 'blue' steak and receive it to perfection! But I did!

For dessert, we chose the 'Assiette' ....
WOW!!! 7 of their desserts on a sharing plate for 2!
I've NEVER EVER had such superior desserts as these!

Yes, its pricey, but, as the old adage goes, 'you get what you pay for'.... and we most certainy did, with bells on!

I would recommend The Bridge Inn at Stapleton to anyone who wants a high quality dining experience in a lovely, friendly setting.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
TEESSIDE
“nice but not cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

sunday carvery is very nice but the meat appeared to be undercooked, the drinks are expensive .You do not expect to pay hotel prices in country pubs.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi there,
Thankyou for your comments!
"Nice but not Cheap"
Isnt the saying "You get what you pay for"
We serve our roast sirloin medium, medium rare or welldone on our sunday carvery, as every client prefers their beef different, and we try to cater for every clients preferences.
Regards