“Excellent food and good service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I booked Sol Tapas for a birthday meal with a group of fifteen friends. We were seated in a side room next to the bar, there was ample space at the table and the seating in the themed room was comfortable. The tapas selection at £17.95 per head was excellent, the food was delicious with a variety of dishes and there was far too much of it and it was good value for money. The service was very good and the staff were very friendly and served our drinks throughout the night. We had a brilliant night and I would highly recommend the Sol Tapas.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Swanley, United Kingdom
“Incredible food in an unassuming location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My colleague and I were staying at Redworth hall and fancied a change of scene so checked trusty tripadvisor. neither of us had ever eaten out or ever been in Darlington.

Tapas was a nice idea so we drove to the local area which had plenty of free parking, which was handy. The restaurant is airy, clean and tidy with a real warmth about it.

We ordered drinks (wine and beer) and also ordered some tapas dishes, which were offered to be staggered by the wonderful Helena (silent H!) :-)

We ordered a mix of olives and brad and oils for starter, followed by meatballs, garlic chorizo, mussels in chorizo & egg & chips mixed together (heavenly, my description doesn't do it justice)

The service was superb with H(Elena) being fun and charming, a real family feel with a family and their young baby in there giving us lots of amusement and a general air of real enthusiasm made this place an absolute gem.

At £65 for 2 of us all in, based on Southern expense!! this was a steal, but I am sure locally this is also reasonable priced.

My personal motto is to strip the top 29% and bottom 20% of all reviews away on tripadvisor, but it has to be said, this restaurant is firmly in my top 55 of all eating experiences I have EVER had.

Highly recommended keep up the good work.

“Not bad!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

4th visit.... no complaints!!! Chorizo in cider......... delicious!! Nice atmosphere, good service and good sangria!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
“Been twice since last review - just keeps getting better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

In my last couple of review id had the early special, I’ve been and done that again and of course it was amazing but on Tuesday my girlfriends and I actually had the Tapas for a change.

We ordered (from what I can remember):
Cheese Flatbread – yummy like a mini pizza
Garlic Mushrooms – creamy and just right
Spanish Meatballs – lamb not my thing but nice all the same
Patatas Bravas – a classic
Feta Salad – the dressing is so nice
Tangy Black Pudding – yum yum yum
Rustic Chicken and Prawns – lovely
Calamari – not too chewy!
It was all lovely and came at a great pace, not all at once and no so spaced out you forget that you are waiting for something.

Desert:
Crème Brule – disappointed there was no shortbread with this, my fault, not theirs
Cheese cake – yum
Chocolate Fudge Cake – friend is preggers so they brought one for her one for the bump!

We all had two soft drinks each and the bill was £26 per head. Not the cheapest in town but so worth it.

Whilst we were there a table of 10 came in and they appeared to get served at the same lightening speed that we did.

I cannot fault this place… oh wait a minute, yes I can, it was a bit cold as we were sat near the door but I would not mark the place down for it.

• Visited July 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Simply the best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I cannot recommend this little gem enough.The food is divine,service amazing and atmosphere fantastic.
The sharing meat platter with different meats,dips and flatbreads is so tasty and mouth watering.
This food has the best flavours and every time I go I want to book my return.There is a function room which is perfect for large groups or a party.You must must visit this place even just once for a fine dining experience.CongratulAtions to the chef and staff who never flaw the food it service.

• Visited July 2013