“Foul Food at the Famhouse YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #120 of 202 Restaurants in Darlington
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
stockton
“Foul Food at the Famhouse YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We went for a lunch time meal at ‘The Farmhouse’ on Easter Monday at 1.30 pm. Having eaten at this establishment recently we were fairly confident that we would have a really good meal. What a massive disappointment as I can only find one positive thing to say about the whole experience. TARTAR SAUCE!!!!!
Although busy the place did have many spare tables, most of which were dirty and had empty glasses on. I cleared and wiped down our table with a slightly used napkin, hoping that at some point a member of staff would complete the job, I’m always the ‘eternal optimist!!!’ and on this occasion very wrong
As there was only the Sunday menu to choose from the choice of food was limited, I ordered ‘whale & chips’ & my husband the Aberdeen Angus roast with vegetable accompaniment. Having received our food in a reasonable time our waiter offered us a choice of sauces (but no cutlery until we asked twice) the sauces did not include tartar sauce for my fish dish. We requested the tartar sauce twice before the waiter delivered it, he said ‘I did get it out then put it back into the fridge and forgot about it’, charming!!!! Thank goodness for the tartar sauce as it was the STAR of the meal
My chips were dry and of the frozen variety and my ‘whale’ was a sad piece of grey haddock encased in a batter which was burned on the outside and soggy on the inside, in taste it resembled an under cooked donut ,YUK!!!!!!. My husband’s expensive ‘Sunday lunch’ was very dry, the vegetables were over cooked and without taste, the portions very small. The meal was total rubbish, shame on you Farmhouse for serving such poor quality food at such high prices.
The two meals with a pint of beer and a glass of wine were priced at £27.00 + so, buyers beware.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Leyland, United Kingdom
“POOR AND VERY DISAPPOINTING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

this is the third time I have been here but it has gone downhill!
The waitress used to bring your drinks to your table but not any more. You have to go to the bar yourself.
The waitress used to come to your table for your food order... but no more. You have to go to the bar and order and you are given a silly wooden spoon!
My husband and I ordered fish and chips.. It didn't even look like a piece of fish and the chips were cold.
The waitress came to ask us if everything was ok with our meal but walked away without waiting for an answer.
the table we sat at had grooves and you could see lots and lots of crumbs in the grooves from past diners.
Very abrupt on the till when I went to pay and never said god bye.
the table next to ours had a wobbly leg and there was a paper serviette stuffed under one leg.
We paid nearly £22 for two fish and chip meals.............. OUTRAGOUS

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

While this isn't gourmet grub, what they do they do well. Friendly staff, cosy surroundings and a tasty Sunday roast sat in front of the fire. What more could a boy ask for on a hungover Sunday? I shared the Sunday roast platter for two finished with a peanut putter cheesecake. Mmm.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Excellent premises, in a very good location with plenty of parking available. Staff friendly and efficient. Quality of the food was good though the amounts on the plates lacked a certain consistency some having considerably more than others. we did have quite a long wait between courses but possibly down to Staff change.
Overall well worth visiting and will go again

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Durham, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

After being a frequent visitor to the Farmhouse after today never again.. What has happened. We had a calamari starter it was just bits of burnt batter. Main courses no better frozen chips rock hard burger so sorry to see such a good place go down.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere