“Lovely birthday party meal” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family run business driven by passion for nice food and good service.
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Lovely birthday party meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We've eaten at Foffanos many times either as a couple or with small group of friends or family. I decided to try a larger group booking for my 60th. The party menu proved a success, originally our party was 30 and a baby, but this changed over a month to 24 and our 8 month old granddaughter. We had a good range of choices for all 3 courses. The house white and red went down a treat, it's lovely. We were seated downstairs, had the room from 5.30 to 8, plenty of time, plenty of room for us all. Staff were extremely attentive, professional, friendly and accommodating as always. Thank you all at Foffanos for a wonderful evening. See you again soon.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Darlington, United Kingdom
“Good food & nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Took my partner here for a nice meal out - the food was good, nice selection on the menu - more than the standard choice of pizzas etc, so I can recommend for a quiet night with good food

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointed for the first time :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Young staff laughing and talking loudly to each other so we could hear every word they said (banter between themselves), I was told it was limencello cheesecake (I always look forward to the cheesecake), I don't like limencello so didn't have it, then after I got the bill I heard them tell someone else it was baileys! Which I love! Why not tell me they had that? Also sick of the lunch/early bird menu as I've had everything 20 times and the only changes have been for the worst :( fusilli instead of penne and no olives with gnocchi. No longer my favourite!

“Lunch Party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Saturday lunchtime leaving do from work. Wholesome food on the set menu and reasonably priced. Friendly staff and pleasant atmosphere. Recommended!

Visited September 2013
Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
“Food was lovely!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Recently tried here for the first time & went on a Saturday night with another couple. We were pleasantly suprised, the restaurant itself is cosy and makes you feel at home. There are a few tables as soon as you go in, all I can say is im glad we were sat downstairs. The starters were good but I would not recommend the cured meats & cheese's, we paid £9.50 for salami and parma ham for two which I think was a little over priced. However the mains were faultless & great value for money. Pork & chicken both very tasty and well presented. The chips & roasted vegetables come in seperate dishes which is great when sharing! We were all very happy with the mains.. We then opted for the warm chocolate brownie which was sensational - I could have eaten more than one. The other desserts also looked delicious! The only downfall for this place was the service, we found it difficult to get refills of drinks and had to grab the attention of staff whenever we could which was also quite difficult. Apart from this we enjoyed our night here.

• Visited October 2013