“Love it here but cringe experience :(” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #93 of 301 Restaurants in Poole
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Poole, United Kingdom
“Love it here but cringe experience :(”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I've never had a bad word to say about any Nandos I've ever been to, I absolutely love the chicken pitta with cheese, spicy rice and chips YUM. Anyhow, very sad to say that last weekend we chose to go there with our Dad for dinner and he had the 'mixed olives' starter. After consuming half the bowl my dad came accross an insect (dead) in the food, which resembled a small worm/caterpillar!!! I felt sick at the sight of it, how had it got in there, why was it in there, how many more were in there, had he eaten any already :/ Cringe cringe cringe! The staff (Vicky) who I complained to was extremely apologetic and immediately took away the 'worm' and the olives and offered us complementary desserts along with a chicken cheque for money off if we were to return again. She was really good about the whole situation and I guess the mixed olives are left in that big container by the till so it wouldn't be down to the hygiene of the restaurant itself. Certainly has put me off returning anytime too soon though to say the least :/

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Poole, England, United Kingdom
“Fab food at a great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I absolutely love Nandos! The staff are extremely friendly and even when the restaurant is busy, you are rarely kept waiting long for a table. There is something for everyone; from wraps and stuffed pittas to sharing platters. The sides are nice and varied too, I would personally recommend the spicy rice. There are plenty of drink options and if you go for a regular soft drink, there are free refills. The best thing of all is that you can have a great tasting meal, the way you want it for a very reasonable price!

• Visited April 2013
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a christmas staff dinner here, we were a group of 12. All of us have ordered burgers and we were served really quickly. Our burgers were really tasty, we tried all the special sauces, we had fun watching each others faces as we had tried couple of the really really hot ones :) Great service, we were served by a hungarian guy! Thanks:)

• Visited December 2012
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Good place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had lunch here before the film. Good quick service and choice food good, although i think what I had was better than wife's choice. Great way of serving drinks with multiple top-ups and plenty of sauces. Staff friendly and efficent. Just right for this occasion.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food which I can be eaten on a diet.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nandos is great if your on a diet! Most of the food is pro pointed which works our quit low. If you love your food and want to stay on track with weight watchers, this is the place to go!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere