“Quality food but leaves you hungry” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Quality food but leaves you hungry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The food here is good with plenty of choice even for those who aren't keen on fish. For the portion sizes I would say it is over-priced and would not pay them myself.

The service is pretty good. One member of staff in particular was particularly helpful. I believe she was the Assistant Manager.

We also had breakfast after staying over in the hotel, which was fairly good but not the best. They try to hard to make it posh. A full english breakfast doesn't need to made to look like a work of art!

Overall, I wouldn't go out of my way to go back and definitely wouldn't pay what is charged as it is too expensive for what you get but a good night! It is ashame that we were rushed out the bar though so that they could close up.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
“Fish and ???? Avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Average food tiny chips, the first time we dined there was 2010 is good, now wow completely different down .tiny slim chips lieu on tartare sauce, Mashy peas with mint, that is disgusting, cod is greasy, burn, poor excuse
We won't be returning to this restaurant again and advice other to stay away.

Visited November 2013
“Sea food plater”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

If you haven't had a fully loaded sea food plater in Paris or on the cote de'zur then you won't know any different but for a similar price you get more ice than shellfish, it's ok but then there's not much else close by !

Poole, United Kingdom
“Mr and Mrs A Brooks of wareham Dorset”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

The car pack is to small so be prepared to pack away from the restaurant. Not good when raining.
You will be ignored by the staff on entering the premises for a few minutes. You will be shown to a seat, when they are ready.
Now for the BAD BITS this was a special occasion. My girlfriend,s birthday.
The starters were ridicously small. For example. We ordered olives, we got 8. The starters were a rip off.
Now for the mains. My lobster was small but very tasty, I think it was over cooked as I struggled to cut it with the knife I was given. My girlfriend ordered a sea food medley. The prawns were missing and one scallop was cut into two. By this time we were feeling let down. Our special occation, smashed .So no coffee or sweet was ordered. Glad of that when we saw the size of the sweet. Ok the staff took 25 percent off the bill... Not really enough.. To be honest the bill was about £80 it was worth only my meal £ 20 . Look lock fyne sort your act out.. The sea food platter at the slug and lettice beats your efforts.. Hands down.
Thanks MR BROOKS

Visited November 2013
“Expected much more!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Went here on a saturday night for an 8:45 booking. 2 starters, 6 Oysters were ok, Mussels in chilli one of the specials was very disappointing. Overpowered with coriander and lack of chilli. Ran out of the white wine we wanted st emilion and was recommended one like vinegar! Ordered the Chablis, very disappointing given the price tag and it was a 2012, come on ridiculous for the price! Starter plates were left on the table until the main arrived and the dirty cutlery was not cleared away. Main course was seafood tagliatelle with very little seafood in it and an abundance of cream.....very bland! Seabass special was the second main course in a shellfish sauce which was ok but when the bill arrived being charged 25 GBP for it was a bit over the top for a small piece of fish a dribble of sauce and some mash! 15-17 would have been more acceptable. Complained about the distinct lack of seafood in the pasta and the price of the seasonal sea bass when the bill arrived and was told by the waitress that they would speak to the management. No change appeared on the bill. Given Loch Fyne is meant to specialise in seafood I was left disappointed and slightly annoyed at the 96 GBP price tag for two with no service included. Go elsewhere is my advice. Given the proximity to the sea there must be better seafood restaurants in bournemouth! Bland sauce, overpriced, staff friendly but ineffective. Disappointing overall!

• Visited November 2013