“Premier inn Poole North” 5 of 5 stars

Premier Inn Poole North
Cabot Lane, Poole BH17 7DA, England   |
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Poole
Newry
“Premier inn Poole North”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel has always been good, but they have now re-vamped the bar/ restaurant area, and in my opinion, have raised the hotel to a new level.
The staff are from different nationalities, but all work extremely well together, and the customer service is exemplary.
All the meals we had were of a high standard, and for a budget hotel, the standards are excellent, better than some supposedly 5 star hotels that we have stayed in.
I would like to say a special thanks to Winnie, who made our stay especially memorable.
Check in and check out were handled efficiently, and any one wanting a reasonably priced hotel in Poole area, should have no hesitation in staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Gosia M, Manager at Premier Inn Poole North, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. Its always a pleasure to hear such delightful things from our guests. We are very happy with our new bar and dining area and are glad to hear our guests are enjoying it as much as we are. I will ensure your warm comments are fed back to the team. We hope to welcome you back soon.

552 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Good clean hotel, good food and service. Great nights sleep. Just be aware that it is on an industrial estate so you are tied to hotel for food unless you want to drive somewhere.
We walked into Poole, took about 35 mins.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great comments in regards to your recent stay. I'm happy to hear that you found the cleanliness,food and staff service to be of good quality and had a comfortable nights sleep here at Poole North. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
East midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My check in process was not easy, as the booking agent had my name incorrect AND despite the fact the bill had already been settled, it was queried, which I was not amused about. However although it was a rocky start the reception team couldn't do enough.
Yet again, I had to go back to reception for ask for decaffeinated coffee which, if I am correct should be in the rooms as standard?? I was given several sachets and lots of extra milk with a smile., It is worth paying £3 for 24 hour unlimited wifi, as I was able to SKYPE and keep up its the e mails.
Ok so this place was in the middle of a industrial estate BUT it was quiet. Had a reasonable night. Very warm and cosy in my room, decor of a decent standard and the bed comfy.
Mary was amazing the next morning she even gave me a free coffee to take with me on my journey to work. Would I go back? Yes I would. Good value for money.

Room Tip: I was in the front and I suspect a room at the back would be even quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear that though your guest journey started off a bit rocky that this was recovered during your stay and that our reception team member Mary was able to assist you. We unfortunately as brand standard do not supply the rooms with decaffeinated coffee however we are more than happy to supply you with these on reception. I'm happy to hear that you found the bed comfortable and that you would stay with us again. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.
tonypandy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed here for a short family get away (Peepa Pig world!)
Stay at premier inn's on a regualr basis and this one is one of the best I have stayed in.
The staff were excellent; service with a smile and nothing was too much trouble.
Close to Peppa pig world and Bournemouth town centre.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you had such a great time with us on your short but sweet weekend away and I hope you enjoyed your time at Peppa Pig World. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Kilmacolm, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The night staff were rude, unprofessional and not in the least welcoming. We had had a long journey this was of no interest to the staff member, We could not have a drink and were told the bar is CLOSED and there was no food. However there was fresh drinks on some table and later when we went down there was still drinks on tables. The staff had no idea why we were in their establishment nor did they care. Perhaps more training should be offered and perhaps a little compassion for travellers. Management should deal with problems more efficiently as we were told that there had been other complaints about this staff member previously. I feel sorry for the other staff members having to apologise for someone who obviously didnt care about the customers or their collegues.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Poole North, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Leyland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed at this Inn as a stop over for a ferry to Santander, its was easy to find and the staff at reception were welcoming and extremely helpful. The restaurant was very good, again the staff could not do enough to make our stay memorable, The food deal was very good value and the quality of the evening meal and breakfast was most enjoyable.
I would highly recommend this hotel for its location and for the quality of the overall service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a lovely review in regards to your recent stay with us. Its always so nice to hear that our guests have had an enjoyable stay. I hope your ferry crossing was smooth for you! We hope to see you again.
Chudleigh Knighton, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Excellent venue, initially we had to change our toom as the TV didnt work but no problem.Shame they are not flexible on bar/restaurant opening houirs as 20+ of us had to de camp from the hotel to Canford Magna for the buffett and actual reunion (about 10 didnt stay overnight) We asked if they caould do a 2-6 buffett when booking but was told by reception no. We all ate in the r/rant, but the bar closed dead on 11pm. Again 20 of us still ready to spend good money on a few drinks.
Excellent breakfast, friendly staff.

Room Tip: Try to get a car park side of hotel room as not on road side. We were lucky it was w/e so no industr...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sorry to hear about the problems you had with your television in your first room but I'm glad this was rectified for you straight away. Its always nice to have large groups of guests staying with us for different occasions and were glad you choose Poole North. Please be assured that your comments in regards to the bar opening times are taken into account and I'm sure this is something that we will be looking into changing in the next couple of weeks. Thank you for taking the time to feedback these comments. I hope you all returned home safe and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Premier Inn Poole North? Share your experiences!