Good points first ....
1) Ignore other reviews which complain of exessive road noise, it really is not a problem at all. I stayed in a room at the back of the hotel ie, closest to the busy road, and you could hardly hear it during our mid week 2 night stay.
2) The hotel is very convenienty located for Poole, Sandbanks and Bournemouth. The latter two have fantastic blue flag beaches which really took me by suprise.
3) Staff were helpful and friendly.
Not so good points ....
1) This hotel must be built on top of an underground volcano! I stayed in a room on the first floor and the minute you entered the corridor you could feel the heat. This seemed to intensify as you passed through each fire door. The hotel must know about this problem as they've left fans in the bedrooms which are NOT airconditioned. I must stress that the outside temperature during our stay was 17-18 degress C max so I dread to think what it's like during warm weather. You can only open the bedroom windows to about a 2cm gap in an attempt to ventilate as they are fixed with security locks.
2) The self serve area for food is very small. I guess it's OK if the hotel is not busy but if you're there when it is then this is a problem. The staff seemed to be overun by the number of guests and several of the breakfast items quickly ran out and took too long to replace or were not replaced at all. The food area along with the seating area became very untidy and the staff couldn't keep on top of it. There were no sausages served at all during out 30-40 mins at breakfast and it seemed like an 'everyman for themselves' mentality had set in with guests in an attempt to get a table and food. Not a pleasant experience to have at the start of the day.
You know what you get with Premier Inn which is why Whitbread have made them such a success. I have used them in the past and will use them again in the future. However, they do need to do something about the temperature in this hotel or fit aircon in the bedrooms. May be the hotel was just very busy at breakfast during my stay so this may just have been the luck of the draw. The staff certainly try to do their best even under difficult circumstances.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Premier Inn Poole North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Poole North Hotel Poole
- Premier Inn Poole North Dorset