“Rude, discriminating and dangerous” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 18 Attractions in Poole
Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: Splashdown Waterpark is a great day out for family and friends. There’s something for everyone – from big kids to little ones – with some of the UK’s most exciting waterflumes.For the thrill-seekers, brave the Screamer with its sheer vertical drop. Plunge into darkness on the Black Thunder. And hold on to your pants as you shoot down the Spacebowl like a human pinball. Or if that sounds a bit like hard work, just go with the flow on the Mississippi Drifter.There’s the fabulous Little Buccaneers SplashZone with a starter flume, water play area and Buccaneer Bay, our toddler swimming pool. And, on a hot summer’s day, Buccaneer Beach is the perfect spot for a splash with the little ones. There’s even somewhere to play for little landlubbers.We’re open all year with indoor rides in the winter. In the spring, we take the slide outside where the Mississippi pours into the Grand Canyon. And, in May, bring on the awesome Screamer Tower – it’s fluming good fun! What are you waiting for?
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Rude, discriminating and dangerous”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Travelled all the way from Bristol to come here and paid around £75 for all day. We went in and one of my children felt dizzy from the heat almost instantly. The changing rooms were in a filthy state and the water park itself is cramped and poorly organised making it dangerous. We were spat at because of my child's disability and when we apprehended the manager about this, he accused me of lying. I'd recommend staying far from there and saving yourself a lot of money. He also said that carers were not allowed on slides with disabled people even though we were told different on the phone. I have never felt angry enough to review an attraction before but I don't want anyone to have to endure the same experience I had to.

Dorchester, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
“Really Good Fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Splashdown, albeit looking a bit old and tired by now, is still a fun fun place to visit for children aged 8 and over. The rides are all really good fun, Space Bowel and Mississippi Drifter are my favourites.
Many people in lots of reviews are saying that it would have been good, had crowds not spoilt their visits. Splashdown is great, try not to choose a time where queues will spoil it for you. Try coming in just a little bit earlier and try out the popular flumes, when everybody else arrives, go on the ones with less queues. Think of a time when less people are there and then, somehow, every other little problem that might occur seems just a bit less major.

Visited April 2014
Daniel C, Assistant Marketing Manager at Splashdown Waterpark Poole, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hi Hedgehog-From-Home. Thanks for taking the time to leave your positive feedback. We are really pleased that you have enjoyed your visit and are hope that in future visits you may be able to see the improvements and aesthetic changes that we have planned for the park over the next 12 months. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Woking, United Kingdom
“Great fun for all ages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Visited Splashdown with my partner last Sunday morning, and we had an amazing time. Although at this time of year some of the slides are closed due to the season, their is still more than enough slides to keep you busy. My partner and I are in our twenties, but that did not stop us from having fun. I'm unsure about other times however when we visited, their was no real queues, meaning you could just go up and down non stop.

My only criticism are the electronic armbands you need to wear, these weren't explained to us So unfortunately we did end up waiting a while at our first slide until another customer kindly explained it to us. Maybe some more signs around explaining, or a brief comment at reception when you are handed the armbands? Just a suggestion.

Overall I highly recommend splashdown, if you are in the area, give it a go!

Visited April 2014
Lauren G, Assistant Marketing Manager at Splashdown Waterpark Poole, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Hi Iamthedot, thank you very much for your kind review. It is wonderful to hear that you and your partner had an amazing time when you last visited. I'm sorry that our Smart Wristbands were not explained to you when you arrived. We are currently developing new signage and I'll be sure to pass on your comments to our reception team so that we can improve our customer experience. Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon (perhaps when the rest of the outdoor rides open on 2nd May!)
Stubbington, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Best place ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I've been going to Splashdown since I was young and I go every year now with the same friends in July for my birthday, it's become a tradition: because it's simply so good. And it's not just for kids, it's great for teenagers and young adults too. You have an option between a 2 hour ticket and an all-day ticket, I feel as though 2 hours is not enough time to get everything done so I always go for the all-day ticket, it's only an extra £2.50! However be prepared to get exhausted because the excitement is so much you'll be running around all day!

The absolute best ride is the Mississippi drifter, the indoor and outdoor 'lazy river' ride. It's not a lazy river really, it's a thrilling ring ride that you can have all kinds of fun with your friends throughout the different sections of the ride. Personally, my favourite part is the slide that takes you from the indoors to the sunny outdoors, with the challenge of staying on your ring! It keeps everybody coming back for more, so there can be a little waiting to receive a ring for your next ride (you can't just keep the same one and go again) but it's really nothing to worry about.

There are other great slides like the classic Spacebowl, the Screamer - a steep, tall drop slide, which is similar to the newest ride: Velocity. There are other more gentle rides like the blue, red and yellow slides, which are located next to the Spacebowl. There is also the Dragon's Lair which is good to start with and includes a Dragon's head inside the slide (!) but is a bit of a let down because the slide ends pretty slowly. For those who want a bit of relaxation there is a large jacuzzi in the upstairs section, a section which also includes a slide which is always the traditional first slide - Baron's revenge. It's like the screamer but lasts less than a second (it's very short but very fast still!). It's a good place to start because you'll be thrown straight into the water very quickly so no messing around!

All in all, the indoor-outdoor waterpark is pretty clean, if but a little dated. The water is very clean with no problems at all. The outdoor slide-tower is slightly dirty but it's really nothing to worry about at all, just your typical steel-building, it's only about 15 years old.

The location inside Tower Park is fantastic, the complex is full of great restaurants (I always go for KFC though, can't help it!), a cinema, other great entertainment and even a Tesco nearby! The parking is free and the complex is easy to find. Overall a fantastic experience and I highly recommend it!

Visited July 2013
Daniel C, Assistant Marketing Manager at Splashdown Waterpark Poole, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hi Alex L. Thank you for your positive comments. We really appreciate you taking the time to make them and are very pleased to hear that we have become an annual tradition for your birthday. I wholeheartedly agree with your description of the Mississippi Drifter, it is great fun, and we have already spent some time rewording our 2014 marketing materials so as not to suggest that it is an 'easy ride'. We also take on board your comments about the park looking 'a little dated'. We have spent our winter period making a few aesthetic changes to some parts of the park. We hope you like them the next time you visit us.
Dorset
21 attraction reviews
“Hasn't changed in 15 years + , Poor staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We decided to bring our 4 year old, I use to love this place. Arrived given an explanation of how the staff will tell us what rides are best to go on with a 4 year old. They use this tag system now, and the green lights, just confusing & it didn't work. The staff all looked very young, very inexperienced & bored. The small chldrens pool in the changing rooms were loved so they had to open it, warm pool,. but it was really dirty with no toys. So we headed upstairs to the small childrens pool with rides & water play, our daughter loved this, shame it wasn't any bigger. We did the rubber ring, it's a shame children can't sit on your laps, but enjoyed it anyway, it was a lovely day so a shame the outside wasn't open. Half the showers weren't working & they are mixed so you can't give yourself a decent shower & the public eating their food can see him, really really poor shower facilities. For us nothing has changed since we went years ago, the place is a bit grubby & the staff let it down, but my daughter had a blast.

Visited March 2014
Hi ktnanci. We are pleased to hear that your daughter had a great time visiting our park. Our Splashzone is a dedicated area for our younger visitors to enjoy and is certainly a more exciting alternative to our toddler pool, which doesn't contain the same equipment (starter flumes & water canons etc) due to its primary use as our learner pool for families and our Swim Academy classes. Visitor satisfaction is our priority and so we are disappointed to hear also that your visit didn't live up to the memories of times gone by. We do take on board your comments regarding our staff, as they are primarily a first impression for us and it is important that they come across to visitors in the correct manner. I would like to take the time to assure you that as a recognised lifeguard training facility, our staff are fully qualified but will make sure that your comments are raised during our March staff training.