“What could be better on a sunny day than a tasty meal and walk?” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“What could be better on a sunny day than a tasty meal and walk?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

South deep offers a great location, particularly after a dog walk at white cliff. If the sun is shining then the decked area and patio are a lovely place to relax. The menu is interesting - I recommend the burger! The food is always good quality and they also offer specials. My only criticism is that when I have asked for a slight variation from the menu they were not keen to alter their dishes; however I would certainly recommend a trip to south deep for breakfast, a snack, coffee or a meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Our first disappointment in 6 years...has the Chef changed??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Having been recommended this great little gem 6 years ago, we have continually enjoyed the splendid quality food and surroundings - both day and evening. As a surprise birthday gathering for my wife last Friday, I booked a table for 6 of us. First let-down in 6 years....no Vegetarian option! Soup and a baguette was suggested by the waitress - which was shocking. A different waitress then suggested another option - the hot cheese dish. Our Vegetarian guest tucked in and soon found ham mixed into the cheese! Awful. Not sure what has happened to our favourite local restaurant but I sincerely hope they fix things promptly. Doubt our friends will go back. Such a shame.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Super service location and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hide away, perfect for a quick snack drink or meal, well worth a visit , how annoying you have to write 100 words

• 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Fab location, great price but menu lacked something”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have eaten here before admittedly sometime back and think it has been taken over by a new chef. I don't live in the area so went with family. Was able to get a table on a Saturday and we were not at all rushed.

For a seaside restaurant I would expect a seafoody type menu but there was a real lack of fish on the menu but a Belgian feel due to the Belgian chef. I really really struggled to find something I wanted to eat and I eat pretty much everything! In the end what I had was very good but I had really fancied something a lot healthier (such as fish!).

Service was good and the price was excellent. I paid just over £50 for two courses plus a bottle of wine and a pudding split between two . I'm a real dessert person and there was not a dessert I fancied - I first for me. The dessert we had was nice but was obviously something they had frozen and sliced off.

The tables were minute. Not enough space for a bottle of wine - they really need some of those bottle holders. We had a main course to split so it was ridiculous at one point with literally balancing things on top of others.

All in all would definitely recommend for the price and location. Just don't expect fish!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Poole, Dorset
“A Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

If ever we're not sure where to go for breakfast, lunch or just a snack, South Deep always fits the bill. The food is surprisingly good. It can get very busy so occasionally the service is a little slow. The setting is great and it generally has a feelgood factor.

• Visited February 2013