“A good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Poole
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“A good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Arndale was a welcoming sight!
Bank holiday Sunday and after three days of traveling i arrived in Poole late and i did not have a hotel booked.
I was made to feel welcome and i checked in with no fuss or delay. The receptionist saw the i had two heavy cases and he gave me a down stairs room. The room was really nice, large bed, great shower and very pleasant.
I slept for twelve hours.
Breakfast was great, served by a lovely lady and cooked just right.
If ever i have to stay in Poole again the Arndale would be my first choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

,we wanted to visit monkey world, and stayed at the arndale for one night, its a lovely hotel, room spacious, very comfy beds, plenty of parking at the rear. Staff friendly and nothing was too much trouble, breakfast plentyful, tasty and hot

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
weston super mare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here for the second time this weekend. Everything clean, reception excellent and the breakfast was delicious......hot and very tasty. Would recommend this hotel and will stay here again next time i am visiting relatives in the area.

Room Tip: Triple room on ground floor is ideal for bigger families
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We booked this hotel because my other half needed to go into his office which is in Poole.
We decided on this hotel because we could take the dog with us.
On first impressions the hotel has plenty of parking spaces....clean reception and standard welcome.
We had a ground floor room, the room was a good size with a fridge, hair dryer, iron and ironing board and tv.
The room and bathroom were clean although a bit tired but not a problem at all for us, some might find it off putting but for £65 a night with breakfast you cant go wrong.

My other half went for breakfast and said it was good.

My only down points were that the room smelt of old smoke probably from when you used to be able to smoke in the rooms back in the day and the mattress was quite uncomfortable.

overall would defo stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at The Arndale on New Years Eve. As soon as we arrived we received a very nice and warm welcome. The room we stayed in was perfect for our needs. It was large, nice hot shower, mirrors :) everything we needed. The bed was very comfortable. My boyfriend had breakfast as I was too worse for wear and he said that it was freshly cooked, plentiful, hot, came out quickly and tasted nice and was very happy with it. It is close to the Town Centre and amenities and we were happy with what we paid for our stay. I would recommend this hotel and would return and would like to say that the staff are very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 26
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Staines, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed here as we were visiting my elderly parents who live opposite the hotel. Yes, the decor is dated (and I would definitely remove the strange rail with hangers on in the reception area) but our room - triple - was huge and nicely laid out. The bed was ok but I would prefer a duvet rather than sheets and blankets but everything else was fine in the room. Breakfast was very good, with excellent poached eggs. We were greeted in a friendly way and all staff we encountered had a smile for us.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor (room 21) and you could hear all the noise of people walking around upst...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Poole, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I were attending a company dinner at the hotel, so decided to stay the night so we could relax and have a leisurely drink, even though we only live 4 miles from the hotel, we paid £50 for one night in a double room with breakfast. Quite frankly we wished we had paid the £50 on a taxi home.

The room was was very dated and small, when opening the wardrobe door you became trapped in the corner behind the bed, the bed itself has seen better days, quite lumpy and so soft you could feel the springs.

The bathroom was straight out of Fawlty Towers, Basil would have been proud of it ! Every time the bathroom door was closed the front bath panel fell off, it was a good job I had some Elastoplast in my toilet bag, I used some of this to stick the panel back in place. Then upon sitting on the loo the seat came adrift, then to my dismay after getting up about 3am to use the loo, lifted the seat and the whole thing fell off with an almighty crash, and a lot of cursing and swearing from me !!

After replacing the seat in the morning I noticed a large crack on the top of the WC pan, this was obviously not a new crack because it was quite stained and dirty.

After the function finished ourselves and some others guests decided to have a nightcap in the bar, big mistake ! We were greeted by a surly night porter/ barman who really didn't want to serve us, and when he did then asked when we would be finished because he wanted to shut the bar, for a holiday town where is the hospitality ? God knows what visitors to our town think when this is how they are treated.

Breakfast was a bit mundane, after selecting from a range of items from the full English choice, it duly arrived with some my selection missing and that what was presented was dried up and looked like it had been pre cooked, even though the breakfast room had only been open for 10 minutes.

Would we stay here again, I don't thinkso. We would we recommend it to friends or family, certainly not !!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Arndale Court? Share your experiences!