“Should be better rated on TA - fabulous xmas meal !!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dorset
“Should be better rated on TA - fabulous xmas meal !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

There are quite a few shocking places to eat in Poole, but this is definitely not one of them.

From the moment we all arrived (10 of us) we were looked after impeccably - the food was glorious and portion sizes were great !! The wine was not over sold and we had a lovely table in the window overlooking the harbor. The waiting staff were lovely and our waitress even came same to say goodbye as she was finishing her shift and we were not quite ready to leave. Little touches like this mean you feel a little more valued even though you might all think it was all for the tip...

I have read the reviews about the 'French' manager and have to say he was perfectly charming and very welcoming. I will be going back for sure.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, England, United Kingdom
“Nice but dry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Me and misses went there 1st time ever for our anniversary!! Misses has carbonara and I had a lasangua!! The food was very nice and service was quick but the only problem we had was the food being very dry carbonara was not that creamy, and lasangua was very hard to digest as it being dry!!

Apart from that would Deffo go back

Dorset
“Why have I not been here before? New fave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I live in Poole and had never been here before. I was looking for somewhere to take my hubby for a birthday meal where we hadn't been before.
We received a warm welcome from the lovely staff and we were made to feel right at home. Upon finding out it was my hubby's birthday he was given a drink on the house.
We both had breaded mushrooms to start which there were loads of and he had fajitas for main and I had a pasta dish. We both enjoyed our meals and we will definitely be going back again. Plenty of choice on the menu and reasonably priced.
Look forward to going in the Summer and seeing the view across the harbour.
Thoroughly recommended

“Great food,view and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We eat here regularly and I have got to say this is one of the most consistent restaurants I've been to!! The staff are always welcoming and the food is great!! On our last visit on Friday we had lasagne and garlic bread. Both were scrummy! The lasagne was home made with green pasta sheets and you could taste the quality of the ingredients. All in all a big thank you and a Happy Christmas to the staff!!

Stockport
“Good value for food but the acoustics - poor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We had a family reunion here around a circular table. the food was great and so was the service, but the conversation was near impossible. There is little soft furnishing to absorb the chatter so everyone in the restaurant has to talk louder to be heard and you hear everyone's conversation. Not for the hard of hearing.

Visited September 2013