“excellent for overall experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Reading,Berks, UK
“excellent for overall experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

A nice contemporary feel to this restaurant.

Food was definitely a step up from the normal chain restaurants, but would not challenge the Michelin stars and the price reflects this position in the market - not cheap but not exorbitant.

Staff were friendly, view over marina definitely adds to the experience, without being breathtaking and there were just enough people in to make it lively without in feeling cramped

So for a nice sunny day in February it made a very pleasant way to end a very pleasant trip to Poole. I am sure it would be a lot busier in season.

We would definitely go back so I hope they cope as well in the high season!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Poole
“LOvely view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Lovely view good service, witty banter which is a must for us.
Food was average but more than compensated for by the service

Visited July 2012
Warminster, England, United Kingdom
“Seaview and Sunseekers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great spot for watching the day go by, having a drink or lunch/dinner.
We have been there many times. When the sun is shining sat outside, dreaming of owning one of the large gin palaces. Even the food is good.

Visited August 2012
“Very friendly staff and excellent quality food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were greeted by very friendly staff, they were attentive throughout our meal and always spoke with a smile.

The food was excellent, the veg was cooked to perfection (firm, hot and not full of water), the portion size was very good considering the quality of food. We had a great table overlooking the harbour and all of our party really enjoyed their time at this restaurant.

Another good point were the very clean and well maintained loo's (always a good place to check for attention to detail!).

Some places charge extra for location, ingredients or kudos but you get all three here. It's not the cheapest but you get what you pay for and that always makes me feel that you get value.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“xmas dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We had our company xmas dinner here. There was around 40 of us. The restaurant over looks Poole Quay and is very nice modern feel about it. The food was OK. The service was not so good. My partner was served 20 minutes before me. Everyone on the table was eating at different times. The dish of veg that we had to share had gone cold by the time my main came out. The waiter said that it was because there was so many of us.

For starter I had Prawn Cocktail. That was OK. Main I had Braised Stake. This was more like beef stew and was served in a bowl. which wasn't bad. The desert was xmas pudding. The was a lump about the size if a digestive and was covered in custard.

If I had paid for the £16.50 meal myself I would feel a bit cheated but as it was on the company I don't feel so bad. Would I go back? Probably not.

• Visited December 2012