“Terrible stay. There are much better things to do with your time and money.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quayside B&B

Quayside B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poole
Quayside B&B
You added Quayside B&B to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   9 High St., Poole, England   |
Ranked #31 of 49 Poole B&B and Inns
“Terrible stay. There are much better things to do with your time and money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

A good location in Poole harbour, but an otherwise very average b&b. The mattress we slept on, although we were told it was new, was unacceptable to have in a commercial bed and breakfast as it felt like sleeping on a wire cage. The duvet was a worn polyester quilt and there was no top-sheet. Gross. Breakfast was oily. The bacon was if it were deep fried. No juice, fruit, or cereal. Originally, we were going to stay two nights, but decided early on that there was better things to do with our time and money. When we said that we weren't going to stay another night because the bed was uncomfortable. The proprietor started ranting that they had never had any complaints - ever -and how we must be leaving because of the poor weather (overcast and windy) and that was just bad our bad luck (we were in Poole to go kitesurfing and the conditions were perfect). Followed by "what are you going to do? Go to all the other b&bs in Poole and ask to try their beds?".  After much negotiation we did not have to pay for the second night. But they did charge us £5 extra for parking, for which we were previously told there would be no charge. Disgraceful.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

I stayed at the Quayside b&b in August and had a very nice stay. The owners were very friendly and made you feel welcome. The rooms were comfortable and well furnished considering the building is registered as a listed building. Breakfast was good and fresh and was at a good time for us as we didnt want to get up too late as we had so much to see in the day!
Overall had a very nice stay and will be returning again in 2011

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

We stayed at this B&B for one night, and we couldn't wait to leave. The room was so small, 2 people could barely fit in there, and the bathroom was even smaller. There was no curtain on the small window in the room, which meant the sun came in early in the morning. I think this must be a ploy of the owner because breakfast is served so ridiculously early for a Sunday morning, that this is a way that she gets people to wake up for it. Breakfast is served in the Italian cafe next door. We had high expectations for breakfast, but this was quickly dashed when I asked if there was any fruit salad or cereal. I was told that there was only a full English or I could have toast and jam?? Then the coffee arrived... they served instant coffee in an Italian cafe.... need I say more? I definitely won't be returning here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

just got back from a two night stay in poole at the quayside b and b. cost us £140 for a tiny room not much bigger than a double bed. duvet was incredibly thin, window tiny, ensuite shower 'room' t cramped and poorly laid out, and tv not propely tuned I(and three channels only). also note that breakfast is ONLY served between 7:30 and 8:45 (because you are seated in the b and b owners' cafe next door so need to be fed before the cafe's regular customers turn up) - this isn't inidcated on the wbsite. getting up early on the saturday was bad, and on sunday just depressing. on the positive side, the location is good and the food was also good. but would i stay there again? - no way.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
london uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

My wife and I were extremely pleased with our stay at this B&B, the owners were very helpful, especially the wife Teresa. We arrived late, at 10:30 pm, due to an accident, they waited for us to arrive and had some soup ready. It's so convenient as it is so near to everything also that they have a restaurant within the same building, their son's I believe. The room was very comfortable, clean and it had all conveniences, plenty of wardbrobe space too.
We stayed for three nights, by the end of ourstay we felt part of the family, we have already booked for our next trip in March.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Cape Town
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

Very friendly welcome upon arrival (4 Adults). Clean Rooms, Good Breakfast. Great Location. Will definately stay there again. J.Clark

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Sunny Sussex coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

I wish I'd known about Tripadvisor before staying at the Quayside B&B I'm still angry with myself for doing it. 1st problem was that we were asked to arrive at 21:30 as it was the Proprietor's only day off. That set the underlying theme of who's doing who a favour here. The room was very musty, dingy and cold with an inadequate electric heater and definitely not charming or recently refurbished as descibed. The tiny en-suite was absolutely freezing as was the hot water, they had thoughtfully removed the hook on the back of the door and just left the 2 scewholes behind and of course there was no way of locking it either. There's an overly large cabinet above the sink and the mirrored door on it doesn't shut and is permanently ajar. No remote control for the TV and the channels are tuned incorrectly. After finishing breakfast (which could have been more substantial but fresh and well cooked) on the 1st morning I lifted my chair to put under the table, the two left legs fell out of it. As a habit I had packed 2 plastic wine shaped glasses, they were missing from the en-suite sink where I'd washed them out. 2 other guests at breakfast said they couldn't wait to leave there and that the excellent Antelope Inn just round the corner is where they very happily stay, they were fully booked. When leaving the Quayside the Proprietor took our £130 and said, "this is the bit I like" (!!) I can not believe that they will want a rate of £75 during the peak period. The location was great, at the quiet end of the High Street opposite a lovely Museum, close to everything for shopping or just sitting on the Quay, took lots of photos and in the evenings we dined out well and supped some very nice beers. My partner enjoyed a couple of Kiteboarding lessons at Sandbanks. I booked this B&B from the Poole Tourism Guide so I have written to them as well and now I'm going to write to the VisitBritain and the AA Inpectors, I'm hoping it will help me to live with myself again!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Quayside B&B? Share your experiences!