“A brilliant team of staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Stevenage
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“A brilliant team of staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Many hotels nowadays are too similar in decor, facilities etc to differentiate. The only difference between the mediocre and the superb is the staff.
This is where the holiday inn express in Stevenage is a world apart from the ibis and premier inns of this world.
On arrival the gentleman explained very clearly all of pass, wifi and parking arrangements. We asked if he knew of a local taxi firm and just he asked what time did we need it and he'd book it for us. When passing back through the lobby he asked if the room was ok and wished us a good evening.
The same courteous attention was provided by the female member of staff.
The following day I discovered that I had left my phone in the room. Again they were helpful, simply took my address and said they would post it to me.
This is a class act. Well done to all of the staff for making my stay so pleasurable and hassle free.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed in this hotel as a stop over, on route for our trip to Lincolnshire . Due to limited parking we parked opposite in the Matalan car park which was no problem. (I did ring the hotel about this before hand) After a nightmare journey the hotel was spotless and welcoming, and the staff were very pleasant .
Our room was perfect for our requirements, although I would have preferred a king size bed, only because that is what I am use to, but in fairness we did book a double and we were only stopping one night and at £44 we could hardly complain.
There is a huge leisure park about 10 minutes walk away with many different restaurants to choose from. We enjoyed a lovely meal in the Chiquitos restaurant .

Back at the hotel we didn't hear a sound all night and slept well. The price we paid included breakfast which was really tasty, well thought out and stress free. My only negative was the shower curtain in the bathroom needed replacing but in truthfulness that is the worst I can say.
I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express hotel, perfect, if like us you are breaking up your journey and need a reviving overnight stop.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Southwold
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is a great little hotel. Very close to the centre of the town and with parking not far away. The room was very comfortable and clean. I was able to use a nearby David Lloyd which was in walking distance for the morning swim. Loads of restaurants very close by. I'd recommend the Prezzo near to David Lloyd. Breakfast basic but good and staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is best.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
norfolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

stayed here a few times now, usually get a family room as sharing with children, main bed really soft but sofa bed quite hard. always clean and tidy lots of hot water in shower room great value as breakfast included. good choice of food you can help yourself too, eggs and sausage basic but what do you expect for free.
car park only free 6pm - 9am quiet room but have always stayed on 2nd floor away from lifts.

Room Tip: if needing quiet ask for higher floors away from lifts.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I booked this through Expedia and requested a double room. Upon arrival i was allocated a twin room and they blamed expedia for the mastake. The manager informed me that they had sent a request for a standad double but only if available which i have since found out is utter rubbish.

When i wanted to order dinner to my room the phone to recepion did not work and for a couple of hours after arrival there was no hot water.

I will now certinly be avoiding this hotel chain in future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stevenage, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear stephen s,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were pleased to see your high score for the Cleanliness of the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed B&B, staff were friendly and helpful. Location is great. Rooms on Lower Ground do get noisy with all the walking in the Lounge area on the floor directly above. Only one lift to go to LG which is not helpful as lifts are pretty slow. Service from staff was great with a nice lounge to relax in the evening or at night with a drink or two.

Room Tip: Get rooms which are not on the lower ground.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Milford Haven, Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Ive stayed at this hotel a few times before and havent reviewed only because I normally never review just dont have the time but after my last stay in august I have had to make time.

It was a difficult trip for me as I was staying to attend my grandads funeral I brought my 4 year old girl with me and I had just had an operation the staff noticed this and carried my bags to my room for me sheena and alex were especially friendly and helpfull. The room was spotless and my little girl loved her sofa bed all made up and ready when we got there with a little pressie in her bed for her I thought this was cute.

We ordered a pizza one night frim the bar and it was lovely. The air con in the room was great as the days were warm. Breakfast was lovely I was impressed with how much choice as you normally have to pay another 7 pound for breakfast but not here.

Free wifi was very helpfull and the location is perfect as we got the train there so didn't have a car we could still explore town and my daughter loved the park near by also only a short walk from the train and bus stations with the cinima and leisure complex just over the bridge a short walk away.mI'm from stevenage so visit regularly I will never stay anywhere else its well worth the price. keep up the good work guys
and thank you :-)

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stevenage? Share your experiences!