“Beautiful !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Stevenage
Barnet, United Kingdom
“Beautiful !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at the Archways Lodge Hotel on Friday 6th September as I attended a friend's wedding on that day. When I booked my double room, I explained the wedding was due to start at 1.30pm and asked if there was any way I could book in earlier than 12.00pm and if a mini cab could arrive at 1.00pm to take me to the venue. The email I received informed me that I could book in at 11.00am and a mini cab had been booked for 1pm. On arrival, the proprietor and staff were so pleasant and welcoming. My room was stunning!! The decor was red and cream; it was spotless!! Everything about my room was beautiful. It was so lovely I videod every aspect of it on my phone as a keepsake!!! A lovely, warm, inviting, homely place to stay with bespoke furniture. The kitchenette with fridge and microwave along with snacks was an unexpected but lovely touch!! The built-in double wardrobe with full length mirrors was an absolute godsend. The beautiful matching glass table and bedside table were very stylish. There were mirrors everywhere which was fantastic and the bed was extremely comfortable - not too soft and not too hard Just right. Thoroughly impressed and very much looking forward to stating there again. 11/10!!!

Room Tip: The proprietor and staff were so helpful and accommodating that if you had a special request, within...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
normasomers, Manager at Archways Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind reviews and comments on our Hotel. We very much appreciate these and look forward to welcoming you again in the future if you visit Stevenage
Anna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Classy and spotless room with nice individual touches to set it above the riff raff of other hotels with larger numbers of replicated rooms. And it has DUVETS! Ahhhh! (Why in an age where everyone uses duvets at home do some hotels persist in using sheets?) A large comfy bed in a single room, and I was so at ease I went out like a light and got a great night's sleep. Staff and little kitchenette with fridge very helpful. And at a lower price than the other Stevenage 3-stars - will definitely go back if I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for your reviews. These are much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future if you visit Stevenage
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I recently stayed here for two nights and found my welcome very warm. I was really impressed with the lovely decor of the room,which was to the rear of the property. It was exceptionally clean and had a 'mini kitchen' concealed behind one of the 'wardrobe' doors. The kettle, sink, microwave and a selection of snacks and tea and coffee was an unexpected surprise. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet, so I had a great restful sleep. I checked out and again was greeted by friendly staff. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 5 very quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
normasomers, General Manager at Archways Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. These are much appreciated and help keep us on top in Stevenage

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Not being familiar with Stevenage, it was tempting to opt for a hotel chain for a family get together. However, during an internet search, I stumbled on this hotel and was persuaded by the excellent ratings and reviews. I was not disappointed.We booked a double and single room and was impressed to find the single room was spacious and had identical provision to the double. The rooms were beautifully clean and comfortable. My single room had a dog theme with quality little finishing touches that made it very homely and full of character. The concealed kitchen was a very clever addition and a pack of refreshments provided on arrival was most welcome. The hosts were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I arrived early and they kept my case in reception taking it upstairs ready for my return later in the day. A very useful list of local eateries all within a 10 minute walk was provided and we were taken outside to be given directions, all above and beyond in terms of service. Despite being situated on a busy road a few minutes from the railway station and the old town, the atmosphere was cosy, quiet and relaxing. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a stay at the Archways Lodge to young and old alike.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all your comments and reviews as they help to keep us on the top in Stevenage
We hope you will visit again in the future
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for two nights on the 6th and 7th of sep 2013, we got a very warm welcome, and made to feel at home. The hotel room is spacious, has a mini kitchen with fridge and microwave and was very very clean. When we go back to stevenage again this is the place we definitely be staying at, it was a short walk to the old town making it very convenient for shops, pubs, restaurants etc. Overall a very pleasant stay and would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your excellent reviews and comments. We very much appreciate all our reviews as they keep us on top in Stevenage

We hope we will welcome you again in the future

Kent, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here in August 2011 and again in August 2013. Both times the premises and people have impressed.
Clean, spotlessly so.
Friendly, very!
Location, excellent!

Simply put, this little gem has hosted our martial arts group (Iaido) twice, and we were all very happy!

Will I stay again? Certainly!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel appealed to me because it is walking distance from Stevenage railway station but is not one of the big chains, it is an independent hotel. Breakfast is not included but there is a mini kitchen in each room, giving the traveller the flexibility to make their own food, and tea and coffee are provided. The furnishings are stylish and the room was clean and comfortable. This was very good value and I felt at home. I don't enjoy eating large breakfasts in hotels and so I took some cereal with me and bought some milk at a shop. The hotel is close to the High Street in the Old Town and this is a pleasant stroll with shops and restaurants, very convenient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Archways Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!