“Decent hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Stevenage
“Decent hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here a time or two on business and have found this hotel to be o.k.It is clean and comfortable and the staff are friendly and efficient.it is handy for the centre and only a few minutes walk from the old town.as has previously been stated there is no car parking but the municipal car park is only seconds away round the back.I didn't eat here at night preferring to walk to the old town where there are plenty of resteraunts but I had breakfast and that was fine.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this review, August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am pleased to hear that every aspect of your stay has been good and met expectations.

We strive to deliver excellence in customer service.

Hannah Chapman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is within easy reach, to and from the train station in about 5 to 10 minutes. It’s right in the town centre so getting to the shops is no problem. Asda is a 10 minute walk away. I booked 3 nights here and my room was on the sixth floor. The room is really modern looking, especially the TV feature. The bathroom looks really posh in a tiled and marble effect.

There is no bath, but a walk in shower instead. The view from the room isn’t the best, but it’s still pleasant enough. The internet is free which is a bonus. The bed is nice and big and I slept soundly. You can either eat in the restaurant or you can take the food to your room as they don’t have room service here.
Check in was nice, easy and quick. Breakfast was very nice with a good hot selection as well as continental. As the hotel is situated in the centre, there is a Tesco Extra right opposite which is 24 hours. I enjoyed my stay here even more as the weather was just gorgeous. I’ll definitely stay here again on a regular basis.

Room Tip: Be aware that room service isn't offered at this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this review, August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am pleased that you found every aspect of your stay good. We are happy to be in such a prime location centered in town with all amenities within a 5-10 minute walking distance.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Ruslana Yarmolyuk
Rainham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Ibis and had a brilliant time. The hotel was very good value for money and the breakfast was very tasty. The staff were very kind and attended to our every need, in particular the lady who served us in the restaurant first thing in the morning and then in the bar in the evening, very friendly and clearly enjoyed her job which is nice to see. The drinks in the bar were also reasonably priced, which is often unusual in hotels. One thing that the hotel may need to address is the air con in some rooms. It didn't appear to work, which meant the window had to remain open and some of the noise kept us awake. But very impressed with the stay and I will be booking again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.
We pride ourselves in the service we deliver so to hear that members of the team have delivered excellence in service makes me very proud and reminds me of how fantastic my team are to work with.

I will ensure that maintenance looks into this issue so that it is resolved so no aspect of a guests stay is left unsatisfied.

Ruslana Yarmolyuk
Launceston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Impressively clean. Good shower and facilities. Bit of a pity about the parking facilities, (public car park), and lack of info about it prior to arrival. Staff easy going and helpful. I will consider using Ibis hotels in future, if location is appropriate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments regarding the hotel.

I will look into how much information is made available prior to arrival, where it is unavailable I will ensure it is made available.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed here one night on business. Near the train station and shops/pubs. Room a decent size, was clean, tidy and had all facilities. Staff very friendly and a good breakfast. Couldn't really ask for more. Will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this review, August 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

We pride ourselves in the products and services we deliver to ensure each guest has a good stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night as we were seeing a concert in London. Lovely room, comfortable big bed, shower was lovely. Parking in multi storey near hotel, have to pay to use it but only cost me £3.50 for 24 hours use.
Breakfast was OK...staff friendly enough.
Will use again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ruslana Y, Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments.

We pride ourselves in the service we deliver, therefore I am pleased to hear that staff ensured that was the case.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

On arrival, the somewhat patronising Receptionist(from ZAT city across ze water) got us checked in with minimal fuss. The room was good size and simple but nicely designed. Warm and clean with a nice bathroom and large shower. Twin beds stuck together, and on wheels, which was funny because they slid around on the laminate floor if you sat on the edge.. The hottest day of the year and windows were closed and no air conditioning on so it was suffocating in the room. I managed to turn on the air con, down to 17 degrees, but when I came back to the room at 10.30pm, it still had not come on, even tho the thermostat said it was working..Nothing, and so suffered with the windows open which didn't help much. In the morning I went down to reception who told me it was on and working, and after breakfast on arrival back iin the room, it actually was finally working, just before checking out...sweet of them. The night before, we arrived back at the hotel at 9.15pm and asked Ze receptionist for a restaurant menu that he begrudgingly handed me, but not without saying under ze breath that zer was a menu on every table in ze restaurant. On arrival in ze restaurant, there were no menus on ANY tables at all, and the one guy who was working the entire restaurant including acting as chef, was nowhere to be seen for some minutes. There was no silverware or serviettes served with the first course, so had to ask for them. My angus burger was nice but the bun was stale.

When leaving to check out in the morning, there was no lift in service from the 6th floor, so had to carry luggage down 6 flights... :( It was the cheaper option in city centre Stevenage and it was very close to the Gordon Craig theatre, so all in all I'm not complaining too much...

Room Tip: Closer to Gordon Craig theatre than other hotels.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ruslana Y, Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your reviews.

I would like to apologise for the air con station not working effectively, the air con units are left off due to promoting green awareness and are therefore left for the guest to switch on. If faced with this issue I must recommend that you report immediately to reception so it can be rectified.

My second apology was for the service provided in the restaurant, I will speak with the Food and Beverage team to discuss this matter further as it will not be tolerated.

I hope that the problems faced have not put you off out hotel nor the brand and we hope to welcome you back in the future without facing any issues.

Hannah Chapman

Been to Ibis Stevenage Centre? Share your experiences!