“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Danestrete, Stevenage SG1 1EJ, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Stevenage

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Herts, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Booked into this local hotel as heating at home was stuck on during hottest weekend of year so far!

Reception lovely, room cool, clean and modern, with great bed and new television. Air con was blissful and on cold as possible. A step away from Tescos and close to all you need, I think this little budget hotel is worth every penny and more. Thank you for providing a cool haven on a very hot weekend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review.

I am pleased to hear that on the hottest weekend of the year so far our hotel was able to provide you a "cool haven". We pride ourselves in our products and services along with the fantastic central location.

Kind Regards
Norwich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I recently stayed twice at the hotel within the space of a week or so. The first time I journeyed to the hotel, I found it very easily. The car park is behind the hotel and is no more than a 60 second walk and cost me £3.50 on both occasions (one night). Opposite the hotel is a Tesco Extra which was very handy and the hotel is right at one end of the high street. There is pretty much every bank, shop, and the usual eateries with a 5 minute walk. I don't think the hotels' website highlights this enough. Although in the centre of town. I was never disrupted during the night. The hotel looks nice from the front and although small; has a nice reception with a couple of chairs. Checking in for the first time was a bit strange. The two men on reception, although very nice, didn't quite understand my name (not difficult) and were certain that I had booked three rooms for five people. After a while it was sorted and all was well.
I had a room on the 3rd floor which overlooked the car park and a few other buildings in the distance. No problem as it is in the town centre. Free wi-fi in the room which was imperative and was pretty quick. Bathroom was fairly small but looked very new and was spotless. Really cool showers too! All the usual stuff in the room: desk, chair, tv, small sofa/seat thing, kettle etc. Had a fair bit of work to do so didn't have dinner until around 9.30. Bar/restaurant area is smallish but a friendly and quiet atmosphere. Mostly business people during the week. The menu has a good selection of food at what I believe to be reasonable prices for a hotel. Wasn't expecting much but the food was actually brilliant!! I think you're pretty lucky to have your chef! Both waitresses were nice, friendly and efficient. Had a fairly good sleep. air con was freezing cold (just how I like to sleep). I asked for a wake up call at 6am but I didn't get it until 6.20. But I was up anyway which was fortunate. The only disappointing thing I think was the breakfast. I have to be honest and say that none of the cooked stuff was all that good although the fresh juice was very nice. Check out was quick and easy.

Second visit was a just over a week later and the receptionist remembered me which was nice. Different room but was exactly the same as the previous. Another great meal in the restaurant. Honestly one of the best burgers I have ever had (and I love my burgers!). Slept fine this time also. Just had fresh fruit and yogurt for breakfast this time. It was nice and seemed very fresh. Check out was easy again.

Overall my stay(s) were good. The staff were generally nice, rooms were modern, very clean and had everything I needed. Food was great quality and it has a good location. Plus near to the train station.

I doubt I will have the need to stay again but if the need arose then I wouldn't hesitate in staying again or recommending the hotel to family or friends.

Room Tip: I would try and get a odd numbered room (301, 303, 305, etc) as these look over the town centre and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time writing this review. What a pleasure to read it, I am glad that you have had an enjoyable time with us and that our service, room, food offering was to your liking.
Very sorry to hear about your breakfast experience, we always can cook to order if you ask, our sausages and bacon purchased locally and meet brand specification. Following your feedback I will do spot check on the breakfast service from now on.

Thank you again for your lovely words.

Kind regards

Skipton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I needed a stopover en route for a meeting in London .... it being Wimbledon week, I couldn't get anything in town below £150. This hotel is less than a 5 minute walk from Stevenage station, then around 30 minutes into Kings Cross. At this price you won't get the Ritz, but my room was clean and comfortable. Free and unrestricted wi-fi too, which a lot of more expensive hotels won't give you ... As another reviewer has said, there's a 24 hour Tesco just across the street, so I didn't use the in-house restaurant.

Good value at the price; I'd certainly recommend this hotel, and I would use it again in similar circumstances.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis Stevenage Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Kind regards

Ruslana and Ibis Team
Stockport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Had a short notice over night stop at the Ibis...stayed at Ibis hotels before and the large bed and the walk in showers always appeal to me ..and this hotel didnt disappoint in that respect.. got what i expected....good value for money and good location near to a 24 hour Tesco, loads of shops and a Wetherspoons pub!!

I didnt eat at the hotel so cant comment on the food

if there was a disappointment - the kettle and one of the bed room lights were broken..I only found out about the kettle in the morning which was too late to change it

plus if you have lots of stuff to carry from your car, this hotel isnt brilliant as you have to park in the local multi story carpark 5 mins away..

Room Tip: as its a town centre hotel if you leave your window open at night you get a bit of early morning noi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments.

It pleases me to hear that our refurbishment and fantastic new beds were not a disappointment.
We have lots of good feedback regarding the locality of shops.
Unfortunately the car park is something that we cannot change, however if staff are available we will do our best to help.

We hope you will return and try our restaurant when you do.

Kind Regards
Ruslana Yarmolyuk

Been to Ibis Stevenage Centre? Share your experiences!