“Many thanks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lye Hill Bed & Breakfast

Lye Hill Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stevenage
Lye Hill Bed & Breakfast
You added Lye Hill Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
7 Lye Hill | Breachwood Green, Stevenage SG4 8PP, England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Stevenage B&B and Inns
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
“Many thanks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Hi Karen

many thanks for the nice accomodation in Lye Hill. It was a long day in England and I was very tired. The bed was great and I slept very well. Thank you for the very early breakfast (5 a.m. on Saturday). This was not a problem.
Karen ordered my taxi for 5.15 a.m.. The taxi was 5.15 a.m on the B&B. Perfect.

Many thanks

Dennis
Berlin-Germany

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I found the B & B easily in a lovely beautiful location in countryside but close to the airport - however, I was not disturbed by the planes at all - too busy relaxing in my lovely clean, huge and comfi bed! Karen was so helpful and despite it being late gave me a lift to the pub down the road and a big torch to find my way back with, she also got up extremely early in the morning to give me a lift to the airport AND to give me breakfast! The bathroom was clean and the shower powerful and hot - no problems whatsoever. Karen is a lovely hostess who bends over backwards to ensure that you are okay....would definitely go back if I have another early flight from Luton and definitely recommend to my friends....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Karen R, Owner at Lye Hill Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Thank you very much for sending such a glowing review.
I very much appreciate your kindness, and thank you for recommending me to your friends.
I look forward to seeing you again here at Lye Hill , when you next fly early from Luton Airport.
Clevedon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We chose to stay here for its close proximity to Luton Airport. Although the planes did fly over regularly, this did not interrupt our sleep. Karen is very welcoming and was very attentive to our needs. We found the house comfortable and enjoyed Shadow, Karen's very friendly Burmese cat's attention. The location is amazing with some spectacular countryside views! Karen provided a varied and very good breakfast menu. We would definitely return if flying from Luton again, and would recommend Lye Hill bed and breakfast to friends and family. A bonus also is that our car could remain in the car park for the week and it is a cheaper rate than the airport. Also, Karen's directions were very good, particularly as we were travelling at night time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for writing a review on the TripAdvisor site.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Lye Hill, and look forward to seeing you again.
Chesham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Dear Oh Dear, some of these fellow reviewers seem to have been a bit ... picky ... with things!
The landlady accommodated me at short notice, which was pleasing. Even her cat greeted me pleasantly!
My bed was comfortable enough. The bathroom presented no problems to me. The aircraft were not that noisy - certainly didn't trouble my sleeping. And the breakfasts / teas / coffees were plentiful and freely available.
It's reassuring to know there's still some rural locations not far from Luton and its airport - and this is one. (Even the directions provided for how to find Lye Hill didn't get me lost - and that's saying something!)
I'll definitely return there.

Room Tip: At front or at back .... enjoy the views!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Many thanks for writing a review about your stay here at Lye Hill.
I am glad you enjoyed yourself and everthing was okay , and we look forward to seeing you here again soon, including Shadow our Burmese cat, who greets everyone !
Ramat Gan, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

We stayed for a few days on & off during a bicycle tour of England.
We arrived one morning, assembled the bikes and then rode off after leaving the boxes at the B&B.
A week later, upon our return, we disassembled the bikes and stored them in the boxes ... then left by foot.
Karen was very helpful with all the logistics.

This is a great place to stay for anyone flying in and out of Luton Airport. Plenty of parking for their cars. For people on bikes, its a bit of a haul, but plenty of space in the yard and driveway for bike assembly and disassembly (which can be a pain in a proper hotel).

The food was good, the rooms were clean, and the place was very hospitable.
Although planes did fly in and out of Luton, the noise was tolerable.
Overall, we were very happy that we chose to stay at Lye Hill.

Room Tip: taxi to or from airport costs 10GBP.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Harrogate, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

This was a last minute decision to stay here, and to be fair to the landlady she accommodated us at short notice. The biggest issue is the planes which literally fly a few hundred feet overhead (they're coming in to land) and to give you an idea of how close they are we saw the headlamps of the planes shine into our bedrooms. This, coupled with a very soft and creaky bed meant that I only got about 1hr sleep. You MUST take earplugs if you stay here. If I had have slept better I would say its an average B&B, fairly clean and needing a few repairs but totally acceptable. The breakfast was fine, I had porridge and toast. I did like the very friendly Burmese cat!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hell, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

I don't like writing a negative review of a small business but I feel others should be warned. I chose this place off the web because it advertised being close to Luton Airport and providing holiday parking. It was nearish but quite difficult to find, certainly near enough to be affected by loud aeroplanes. This b&b is an average sized house with two guest rooms and one bathroom. Our room had an ensuite toilet and wobbly basin. The room was small such that the standard double bed was against the wall. The bed itself felt old and creaky. The room was looking very tired with cobwebs in the corners. The one positive thing was the pleasant countryside view. Even the cups were stained and no spoon was provided. The bathroom was really unpleasant. There was mould everywhere, including the shower curtain and the disgusting rubber mat in the bath. We did not get much sleep because the bed was quite uncomfortable and also we could hear the guests in the other room talking, moving, going to the loo etc. The breakfast sounded promising, the eggs being provided by the resident ducks. However, because we asked for vegetarian breakfasts, all we got was eggs and one piece of toast. The woman who runs this establishment seems to have taken on too much. If we had had a flight at an unsocial hour, which is the norm at Luton, we might not have got breakfast. She wanted to drive us to the airport with the other guests but there was not enough space in her car for our luggage. This was a result as she was going to charge us £9 for this and we took a taxi instead which cost £6.50 (the taxi driver would have had hire and reward insurance, I'm not so sure about our landlady). When we arrived the previous evening, she walked us and the other guests to the nearest pub which was probably fine as a local boozer but the food was dire. She appeared to get a free meal out of this. If she would like to know how it should be done, I would recommend she visits Newditch Farm near Bristol Airport.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Karen R, Owner at Lye Hill Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
The gentleman staying last night came down for his hearty breakfast this morning, exclaiming " I had such a good night sleep ! The bed was so comfortable ! Where did you get your mattress and duvet ? I would like to buy a mattress like it ! "

I very much enjoy having people to stay here, and I will go out of my way to please and help.

Everthing I have bought for the business such as the bedding, furniture, furnishings and crockery for examples , are of the highest quality , and are fairly new.
I also clean the house thoroughly every day.

I am very sad that you did not enjoy your stay here.
Most people say that they have had a very lovely time, would like to recommend me to their family and friends, and definitely stay again.
Some even say that they would like to stay in touch, and others that they would welcome me stay with them !

I hope everyone enjoys staying here, and if you are planning on catching a flight the next morning , I will get up early , give you breakfast , and make sure you leave in plenty of time.
Staying here is part of your holiday.

Been to Lye Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!