“Nearly Very Good!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Nearly Very Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel suited our purpose well - we were moving on to do business in Newmarkwet the following day. The room was good, the staff were courteous and we slept well. The price was reasonable value. However there was one problem and that was the quality of the meal served in the restaurant the evening before. My wife had the chicken and I chose the confit of duck. Unfortunately both dishes were disappointing - they had been prepared via a microwave oven. What a missed oppotunity for the hotel to do the job properly with a little extra effort. I conveyed these thoughts to the reception staff the following morning and was told that the chef would contact me personally. I am still waiting. If you go there - leave time to try a restaurant in Stevenage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

General-Manager0992, General Manager at Novotel Stevenage, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please rest assured that I will take note of your comments and the matter will be addressed. I hope we can welcome you back to the Novotel Stevenage very soon. Kind regards, Eric-Enno Snel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bazauges, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting family.

The room was large and comfortable, although the finish on the walls was a bit hit and miss. During our stay there was very large 18 birthday do and an even larger wedding reception. However we did not hear any noise from either event nor from the A1(M) which run a few meters away.

We did not eat at the premises as the prices seemed quite steep. £13.50 each for breakfast, however the restaurant looked comfortable and clean.

Would we stay here again. Yes most defiantly.

Room Tip: We had a room at the rear of the premises and did not hear anything from the A1(M).
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the Novotel Stevenage very soon. Kind regards, Eric-Enno Snel
South West, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very good location for Stevenage. Probably stay here once every 2 months for a night or two. Consistently quiet, clean and food always very good at breakfast. Quite often eat at the restaurant and can't remember any bad meals there. Hotel rooms are due a re-furbishment and the facilities at the hotel are basic. Do not expect a spa, gym etc. This is really geared towards the business traveller though I have seen quite a few families using it as an overnight stop.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. Avoid the ones on the ground floor if possible as the early starters draggin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
General-Manager0992, General Manager at Novotel Stevenage, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is an excellent hotel with friendly staff in a convenient location. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The cooked breakfast are hot and good value. We always stay here when I am working in Knebworth (3 or 4 times a year).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Novotel Stevenage again very soon. Kind regards, Eric-Enno Snel
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Easy hotel to find just off the motorway. Check-in was seemless with very helpful staff, the bar area at the front of the hotel is lively and vibrant but the bedroom I stayed in was bit dull. The room was clean and tidy but just needs modernisation, get rid of the seperate toilet and join it with the bathroom it would make the bathroom feel less claustrophobic.
There is no free wifi not even 30 minutes (Premier Inn style) and in this digital television age you get about 8 channels of entertainment and 6 channels of news and they are still using pay per movie (I haven't paid for a hotel movie in the last eight years) I connect my laptop to the tv and watch one of my own movies - there was a plus point with the tv, the ability to connect a HDMI cable!
The food was very good, well presented and a good choice. Room service was spot on and all served in the time stated when ordered.
I've rated it very good because of the friendly staff, good food and good room service. I'll only stay here for business or more than one night if my usual hotel chain (Best Western) isn't available.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

General-Manager0992, General Manager at Novotel Stevenage, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them. Kind regards, Eric-Enno Snel.
Haywards Heath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times and always been satisfied. Basically standard Novotel, so you know what to expect. Good value and the facilities are better than available in competing chain hotels. The location may not suit everyone, but the roadside position is useful for us (traffic noise is not a problem). Only three stars for sleep quality because there was a wedding there the night we stayed and much banging on doors and noise very late, perhaps multiple key cards should be compulsory for wedding guests. Breakfast was good and good value by booking the night before. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

General-Manager0992, General Manager at Novotel Stevenage, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will alway's try to address them. Kind regards, Eric-Enno Snel
Selby, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last 6 weeks during the working week and found this hotel to be exceptional value for £67 for the night.
I never book, just call when i am only an hour away and this very cheap walk in rate.

Staff and very nice though the meals are expensive. There are several large retail parks nearby if you want to eat cheap.

Pay an extra £9.99 to get broadband and they give u movies included in the price.
Quick and easy access to the M25 from here takes only 20 minutes even in rush hour.

Caution though, mobile reception at this hotel is very poor. My mobile broadband and telephone with orange and O2 is almost unusable at this location.

Like staying here and will do so again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor if you need a good mobile signal
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
General-Manager0992, General Manager at Novotel Stevenage, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Stevenage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Eric-Enno Snel

Been to Novotel Stevenage? Share your experiences!