“Our favourite Indian” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 357 Restaurants in Ipswich
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Our favourite Indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have been visiting this restaurant for many years now and are frequent users for takeaways and in house meals with family and friends. Jaipur offers us authentic and quality food which they will adjust to our taste. They provide a warm and relaxing environment with a sincere level of service and hospitality from this family run business, which is hard to find in many other restaurants. Keep it up guys.

John and Chris

Visited July 2013

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Jaipur is by far the best Indian Restaurant in Ipswich and I have tried a lot of them! The food tastes authentic rather than the English Indian cuisine some restaurants have. I don't like very spicy food and the staff at Jaipur always give their advice to ensure you don't end up with something you don't like. I have happily recommended Jaipur to many friends and they have all loved it! Don't read the bad reviews because they are either very fussy or just plain idiot! I have been here 10+ times and NEVER had a single complaint!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
“Lots of fake reviews - dont believe them. Its medicore at best.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Had an awful meal here recently.

Upon visiting Trip Advisor to record my experience, I was shocked at the vast number of 5 star reviews. Upon deeper inspection, it seems clear that a large number of these could well be fake.

You'll notice that:-

- Mysteriously, people seem to have created Tripadvisor accounts to only review a single restaurant
- Lots of the reviews seem to be posted by mobile - not surprising as during my visit the manager sat on his mobile the whole time, typing away (perhaps to trip advisor?)
- Oddly the fake looking reviews give 5/5 overall, and in each category. Unlikely.
- Lots of the fake reviews seem to mention the manager by name. Now, fair enough, some people will be on first name terms with the guy. I dont doubt some of the reviews giving 5 stars are real. However, I don't believe that such a large percentage of first time visitors end up being on first name terms with the manager.

This is just fishy. Read between the lines, look for the real reviews from people with multiple reviews and don't get caught out.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
dasish, Owner at Jaipur Indian Cuisine, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
We are fully aware of this individual who didn't mention any of his concerns whilst at the restaurant. In fact he left our restaurant quite content.
I can only assume he is not too happy with our prices and is subsequently venting his frustrations over the internet.
We have never claimed to be budget restaurant and he should therefore frequent the restaurants that offer buffets and set meals at knock down prices.
We offer a quality experience at a reasonable price.
england
“Tonights Take Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is based on tonight meal. we have just had a take away from Jaipur and it was the worst I have ever eaten onion bhajis were dripping and I mean dripping with oil. I had chicken tikka balti and partner had chicken doh-piazza when we open the dishes all you could see was oil before we put them on the plate we turn to drain off some of the excess oil between the 2 we had half a tea mug full then when on the plate (12") there was still 1/4" 10cm of oil floating on the plate £32 worth of oil unable to eat more than a few mouth full
Postcode IP51NH I don't wish to be anon

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Bend over sir....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Bend over sir, and pay me the ridiculous sum of £69 for a meal for 2.

Pardon?

This was a really mediocre meal. Good Poppadom and mango chutney. Overly coloured pink Chicken Pakora. Hideously sweet Chicken Balti (yes, sweet like it had honey stirred into it!). 2 Beers each, and somehow this below-par Indian meal is worth £34.50 per head.

I DON'T THINK SO.

TRY SOMEWHERE ELSE. AVOID THIS OVERPRICED TAT.

Try the Alishan Pavillion - Wednesday night, £10 per head + extras/drinks. Bargain, and tasty.

• Visited July 2013