“Great new years day” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 313 restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Vegetarian, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Description: Zizzi Italian restaurant in Ipswich has a cosy atmosphere with lovely period features, including a spiral staircase separating the two floors. It is set in the heart of the city and within walking distance of the local cinema. This two-floor restaurant is the ideal setting for parties or private functions. Zizzi restaurants are passionate about simple Italian cookery. Whether it's pizza or pasta, salads or risotto, or carne and pesce (meat and fish), each dish is prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients - from the popular classics to Zizzi's own innovations - ensuring that you can enjoy a great Italian dining experience, at any of Zizzi's Italian restaurants around the country.
London, United Kingdom
“Great new years day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Staying with friends for a quiet New Year's Eve we wanted somewhere to start the year for lunch great for us oldies. What a find and. Wonderful food and staff. It was a pleasure to be there.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

73% Recommend
Sydney, Australia
“Pre theatre delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our party went here before going to the Regent theatre and we all throughly enjoyed our different meals. Staff were friendly and polite. Service was a little slow so much so that dessert was almost cancelled but we were conscious of being at the theatre on time. I never got the impression of food that had been reheated from a freezer but true lovers of authentic Italian food would choose a different restaurant. I have travelled far and wide and I have found it is always difficult to find authentic cuisine outside of the country of origin. I would definitely use this restaurant again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I recently ate here with some family and we were all really impressed.
We had a very warm welcome as soon as we walked in the door and were taken straight to our table. Our waiter was extremely friendly and made us aware of the special menu available to us as well as the regular menu. When it came to ordering the food one of our party was unsure about whether a particular dish would be too spicy but our waiter talked him through the options available and explained that they could cook the dish without any spice at all if that's what he wanted.
We shared garlic bread and a cheese fondue for our starter and it was delicious! The fondue was particularly nice, especially if you like a strong cheese taste! Our mains were also delicious and all of the plates were cleared.
We were really impressed with the quality of the food as chains can be a little hit and miss but our fears were completely unfounded.
What completed the night for us was the attentive (without being overly full on) and friendly service we received from the waiting staff.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Italian franchise style”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

If you like Italian food (real Italian food) then you might be in for a disappointment. Service is ok, food is ok - that's it. Typical franchise chain fare in other words. Some dishes are good, but in the main I would say it's reheated rubbish from a freezer. Expect a meal accordingly. I've said it many times, but if you want a good meal, then avoid franchise chains.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Let me start by saying thank you to the very attentive staff and in particular the manager Ben who took care of my wife who is gluten free. We only ended up in this restaurant on a Friday night as we could not get in at another favourite haunt. This place will now be on our list of favourite places to dine food service and knowledge were excellent, we felt chilled out and very welcome nothing was to much trouble. I have been in this industry for some 30 years and still have a highly rated restaurant of my own and I am guilty of finding fault but believe me when I say I could not here. Relax when you eat here it is not macdonalds but fresh food well worth waiting for which by the way we did not. Keep it up guys we will be back

• Visited December 2013