“Perfect Meal” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 344 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: British
Description: Nestled in the heart of Ipswich, The Townhouse Restaurant is a relaxed and intimate venue for however the mood takes you; from a simple coffee or a glass of wine from our extensive list; to light lunch or a full dinner, we are able and willing to meet all your needs.All of our food is prepared from fresh in situ by our outstanding kitchen team, led by our fabulous head chef, Jason. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Perfect Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

First visit here on a Saturday evening and was very impressed. Quality and quantity of food was excellent. Staff, of which there were many, were very pleasant and helpful. Lovely feel to the place. Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2012

London
“Great enough for regular visits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

A very warm welcome and lovely food. I need not say more as I am sure if you are curious you will be finding out for yourself. Attentive service and nothing too much trouble.

Visited October 2012
Suffolk
“You wont find better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I eat out several times a week and this restaurant is my favourite. The food is outstanding and the ambience and staff are both excellent. I cannot praise it enough well done.

• Visited September 2012
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Good Food, Not So Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We visited Town House Restaurant on a Saturday Lunchtime using a Groupon Voucher. Had a fairly friendly welcome. Enjoyed the atmosphere and the fairly extensive menu. I had the goats cheese crostini for my starter and would have enjoyed a chutney or coulis to be served with it. We we warned that the beef would be pink, but if anything it was a little overcooked. Plenty of vegetables served with the main which made a nice change.Overall it was a very enjoyable meal and I would visit again.
My one gripe is that we had 4 different people serving us (taking various orders, serving food, showing us to our seats etc) but by the time we had finished our meal only one girl appeared to be working. She was waiting on ALL of the tables whilst more senior staff members appeared to be chatting! This resulted in a bit of a wait to receive our bill- whilst a more senior member came to collect the money and almost 'take the glory'!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Diss, United Kingdom
“Such a lucky find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Visited here on Saturday night as I was in Ipswich to attend the theatre - I have never been to Ipswich before but assumed there would be lots of restaurants and bars near the theatre but I was disappointed to find the choice very limited. After asking inside the theatre they directed us to the Townhouse and I am so glad they did!!! What a lovely restaurant! really warm and welcoming and great atmoshere. Ordered food off the set menu and it tasted lovely and was reasonably priced. If I was in Ipswich again I would definitely return.

• Visited October 2012