“Outstanding Restuarant - Just what Ipswich needs.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Restuarant - Just what Ipswich needs.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Took my better half to this lovely place for a date night. The décor in the restaurant, bar bit and garden is really tastefully done and the staff are very friendly and happy to help. We had some amazing food, the cured salmon as a starter for me was beautiful and very tasty. I had a burger for main and you get plenty of food for your money. My better half had some stunning belly pork that melted in the mouth. I had stunning cheesecake for dessert that was one of the best I have ever had. All of this was washed down with some very nice Prosecco. I have already recommended this place to lots of my friends and some of them have been there already and enjoyed their experiences as much as we did.

• Visited July 2014

“Lovely Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

A simple but tasty lunch with a friend sitting in the warm sunshine in their back garden. Nice wine list, good selection of 'light bites', competitively priced. Really friendly staff too. Highly recommend.

“Great evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Our party of 13 dined at @Twenty5 on Tuesday evening.

I'd like to comment firstly on how attentive to our needs the restaurant was during the booking and ordering process. Understandably for a booking of our size (it was originally for 16) they asked for us to order in advance, but they allowed us to order from the normal full menu. They were excellent in providing alternatives to our particularly fussy needs and it was appreciated.

On the evening itself we started outside with a drink in the lovely garden area before moving upstairs to our table once everybody had arrived. Our table was a little unorthodox in its layout, but that was understandable considering the size of our party.

The food was excellent (I had pâté followed by pork and then the chocolate and orange torte) and easily as good as is available in Ipswich. I think our party ordered almost everything from the menu and plenty of jealous eyes were cast as it was delivered to the diners.

As good as the food is though, the real star on show here is the service. Attentive without being overbearing, @Twenty5 sets the tone perfectly. Our host for the evening (the owner, I believe) was fantastic, and truly passionate about his restaurant; it's difficult not to get swept in by his enthusiasm.

All in all, @Twenty5 really deserves to be a success and if it keeps up this standards it will be impossible for it not to be.

Framlingham, United Kingdom
“Family, friendly feel to it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I stumbled across this place and was delighted to see that the opening times were not the usual restrictive times for Suffolk! My Mrs and I ate here and we both commented on how the palce had a real family feel to the place – I hope that they do not lose this the older the restaurant gets. Food is tasty and fairly priced. I enjoyed my visit!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“fantastic food, warm welcome, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The whole experience was friendly, warm, with nothing too much trouble. The food was excellent, fresh and extremely tasty. The chef makes the time to come out and find out if you have enjoyed the meal. My third time here, it's only been open a short while. Recommend ed for both lunchtime and.evening dinning.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere