We stayed here for 2 nights on 28th & 29th June, to be honest only chose it because of the deal I could get for for the 2 nights with breakfast and dinner on the first night. My husband & I go to Ipswich regularly to see family but on this occasion it was a treat for my niece. We prefer the HI London Road, facilities and staff and the last time we were at the HI Orwell, the service, food and facilities left a lot to be desired.
I have to say that things have improved greatly, I spoke to the hotel before we arrived to request ground floor rooms and 1 accessible room - these requests were duely noted and on check-in we were located close to the reception. The staff group have changed, very much for the better.
Dinner on the first night was delicious, the choice and standard of food was a huge improvement. As we had dinner included we were allowed £18.00 per person against the menu, this enabled us the freedom to choose what we wanted from the specials menu or the ordinary menu. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice and friendly staff.
The only blip was on checkout - the bills delivered to our room were incorrect, the bills were requesting we pay for breakfast on each day. When I went to the desk I explained the bills were wrong and showed them my paperwork, the inital person spoke to was not able to resolve my query and so it had to be referred to the manager. He fixed the problem straight away - it was a shame it was not done straight away.
Big improvement all round, however, we were lucky there was no wedding/function at the hotel that weekend, this can mean things get a bit hectic at breakfast/in the bar area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Hotel is ideally located at Junction 57 on the A14, only 10 minutes from Ipswich Town Centre, 15 minutes from the Suffolk Coast and 5 minutes from Trinity Park the home of the Suffolk Show.The Hotel boasts extensive free car parking and a selection of Queen Double and King Double/Twin Bedrooms some with sofa beds for families. A further 6 Executive Rooms are the ideal business choice with mini bars and laptops safes, in addition 2 open plan Suites add the final touch of luxury for those special occasions.The Hotel offers a range of dining experiences, The Priory Restaurant, Bar and Lounge offer informal modern dining with a large choice of food and drink options complimented with daily specials to suit the needs of both the Corporate and Leisure Guest. The Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Hotel has a range of conference and banqueting rooms, with Wi-Fi access available in these and also the public areas, whilst wired access is available in all bedrooms.The Hotel offers an onsite Gym and within walking distance, a state of the art Full Leisure Complex is available to guests at a small nominal charge.The Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Hotel, close enough to access the business districts and Adastral Park, whilst still being the ideal base to enjoy the rest of East Anglia and all that it can offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Hotel Ipswich
- Ipswich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Suffolk