“Added bonus is use of David Lloyd club” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell

You added Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Havens, 2 Ransomes Europark, Ipswich IP3 9SJ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Ipswich
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Added bonus is use of David Lloyd club”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed one night. Room was clean and tidy, comfortable bed and choice of hard or soft pillows. The hotel has a mini by but also an arrangement with the David Lloyd club over the road for guests to use for free. This was excellent as the club had fantastic gym and pool, normally £16 for guests.

No free wifi.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Quinton O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments. We are proud of our relationship with David Lloyd and our guest rate, this is part of our Unique selling point. Looking forward to welcoming you back in 2013. Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ipswich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We only stayed at the Hotel for one night for New Years and we could see how well presented and nicely kept it was.The Hotel was nice and the Staff was very understanding, the Manager-Alison Scrivener listened to us, helped and cared for any problems we had.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your honest and complimentary feedback. I will relay your comments to Alison and hope we can welcome you back soon to the Holiday Inn Ipswich Orwell.
Colchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Room was presented well. Temperature was far too hot. Unable to turn radiators down. Window only opened a couple of cms. Became unbearable so left as early as possible wearing a t shirt to car. Ridiculous.

• Stayed December 2012
Quinton O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Good Morning Sirs, thank you firstly for appreciating our room standards, we have invested in training and developing of our housekeeping team. I am surprised to learn that the radiator valve malfunctioned. We have a fulltime maintenance team onsite that would have dealt with the problem and if we were unable to resolve the issue we would gladly offer an alternative room. Can you please contact me direct to confirm that you have reported this to our management team? Quinton.oshea@kewgreen.co.uk. Kind Regards
Keswick UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I've stayed here twice and found it the same each time - pleasant and efficient staff but restaurant not a strength - probably because it doesn't attract much trade, being off the beaten track. Was not impressed by hoovering carpet for breakfast before I'd finished my dinner on the first occasion. Rooms are clean and well serviced and the car park is convenient.

Would use it mainly because of loyalty card points.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Good Morning Sirs. Thanks for your positive as well as constructive views on your recent stay. I will be taking your comments forward to our next F&B meeting where we strive to improve our restaurant experience. Kind Regards
cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on business located just off the a14 just after the Orwell bridge. It's a bit out of Ipswich but perfect if doing business in Felixstowe or the euro park.

The rooms and hotel are Ok for 3 star, if a bit dated, it really could do with a makeover but its fine for 1 night. Rooms were clean bed comfy and breakfast ok. On site free parking

Only complaint was the really noisy raidiators and annoying noisy extractor fan in the bathroom which stayed on for nearly 1 hour after turning the light out. Drove me mad

• Stayed December 2012
Quinton O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Sirs,
Thank you for your positive comments following your recent stay with us. We have addressed the small issue of the noisy radiator, and look foraward to wlecoming you back soon.
Great Wyrley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This Holiday Inn may look a little dated in some areas, but other than that I cannot fault it. I stayed here for 15 nights on a business related trip and found both the service and amenities to be great. The room (a standard double) was plenty big enough, with all the right facilities, a comfortable mattress and most importantly blackout curtains that worked! The internet connection was frustratingly slow at times, but I managed with it. As I was working until after 9pm most nights, I had to eat from the Bar menu as the restaurant was closed, however this was no problem as the Bar menu still had an okay selection of food, only missing a few dishes that the Restaurant menu had. My experience of both the Bar and Restaurant was positive, with mostly efficient service and good food. Occasionally some dishes weren't up to scratch, and the portions varied every night, but I mostly enjoyed my meals. Breakfast every morning was great, with a generous selection of hot and cold options. Finally, I have to mention the brilliant staff. In particular, Alice, Alison and Richard who made our stay all the more enjoyable, and nothing was too much trouble for anyone at the hotel! I'm sure it's not easy catering to such a large group. Thank you for a great 15 nights!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sirs,
Thank you for your positive comments following your recent stay with us, it is nice to know that we are serving our "long stay guests" well.The food and beverage team reviewed your observations regarding menu choice and I am happy to say that we have now incorporated a new Winters menu to compliment the grill menu. We look forward to wlecoming you back soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I am a Platinum member, I have stayed at this hotel before myself and have other members of my party as i arrived at the hotel for a meeting after a long day on the road, I recived a call from reception to tell me that there was a problem with my room , they had relocated me to another hotel only 15mins up the road at this point i was not in the best of moods, during my meeting i was made to feel special with free coffee and a sandwich served with a smile thanks to Alison the lovely calming lady in the bar/resturant I was also offered a Taxi if required so i could have a drink, I would just like to say thanks for the great service and appologise for being grumpy these things happen its just how you deal with it, great sevice thanks for making things right looking forward to getting a room next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sirs,
Thank you for your positive comments regarding the Hotel, I am sorry you were unable to stay with us on this occasion but happy to know that the Company Book Out policy was handled in the correct way. We look forward to welcoming you back to Ipswich soon, when I hope we can welcome you to the Hotel.

With regards from the Management Team at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell

Been to Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell? Share your experiences!