“Fantastic customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Ipswich
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Fantastic customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed 1night only got a good deal with secret escapes.I had read reviews before I booked at the hotel didn't disappoint.Booked a standard double but very nice large room with window overlooking the Marina.Excellent customer service plenty of staff they even collected our car for us and parked at the hotel when we arrived as we had parked in public car park on the quay when we couldn't find hotel .The restaurant wasn't quite as good however would give the restaurant 4/5 I didn't think the menu was very large I didn't order a starter as nothing I liked.The next morning at breakfast saw a specials board which wasn't mentioned the previous evening.The breakfast was very good .The thing that makes this hotel so special is definitely the customer service.Would stay again if I could get another good deal.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I went here as part of a group trip on a golf tour. It was organised by someone else, so I didn't have much expectation either way.
The harbour is nice, although I found Ipswich a bit of a disjointed town.
So far as the Hotel goes, the staff really couldn't do enough for you, they were so accommodating and helpful.
On our last day, we had to check out before breakfast started, but they were so helpful in still preparing us a full breakfast and in quick time.
The rooms were lovely,and in well kept. Loved the over head shower which you could stand under for hours!
Reception were exceptionally helpful as well, and I'd very much recommend staying here. Is a bit pricey in some respects, but they actually go as far as they can to make it worth it. Drinks prices are not cheap though!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Right from the off, when the reception staff moved us to a room accommodating our quirky preferences, through breakfasts, dinners and sundry little requests, this place was just a joy to be in.

If we return to Ipswich there's nowhere else we'd want to stay.

Room Tip: A view over the marina is a must.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I booked into this hotel at random when I was working for a week in Ipswich and was really impressed by the quality of the rooms, particularly the fantastic shower.

Even better however was the quality of the food. Usually I would make an effort to try a few local restaurants when working away, but in this instance I couldn't resist eating at Salthouse each night and both evening meals and breakfast, particularly the eggs benedict, were fantastic.

Whilst my main praise goes to the amazing food, I should mention that the hotel and restaurant staff were attentive and helpful at all times as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tunbridge Wells
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed two nights over a weekend with some friends. Hotel was faultless from the start with someone to help you in the car park with luggage and to move your car to check-in and staff in the restaurant. Evening meal on the Saturday night was very good and reasonably priced. Comfortable beds and a nice modern bathroom. Breakfast was to order rather than a stale buffet and was also excellent. A good position on Ipswich marina waterfront

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Friendly staff, great sized rooms and a view right over the marina. Only ate breakfast at the hotel but it was of a decent quality with choosing from a menu rather than a buffet. Seems pretty central to the town centre as well in terms of shops etc.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had the delight of obtaining a very last minute dinner reservation on a Friday night recently which I was naturally pleased about as it had been a last minute decision to eat out. The meal was a delight and throughly enjoyable. Me and my partner both had only a starter and a main course but both of us enjoyed both delicious courses. I tend to always go for a fish dish at this restaurant as I've found this is their expertise and once again I was not disappointed. I had the pan fried cod and it was beautifully cooked and tasted divine. The waitress we had was very friendly and accommodating and saw to our every need without any bother complete with a smile. Once again I haven't been disappointed with my visit to The Salthouse despite it being a very last minute suggestion for a dinner.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Salthouse Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!