I went here as part of a group trip on a golf tour. It was organised by someone else, so I didn't have much expectation either way.
The harbour is nice, although I found Ipswich a bit of a disjointed town.
So far as the Hotel goes, the staff really couldn't do enough for you, they were so accommodating and helpful.
On our last day, we had to check out before breakfast started, but they were so helpful in still preparing us a full breakfast and in quick time.
The rooms were lovely,and in well kept. Loved the over head shower which you could stand under for hours!
Reception were exceptionally helpful as well, and I'd very much recommend staying here. Is a bit pricey in some respects, but they actually go as far as they can to make it worth it. Drinks prices are not cheap though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This artfully designed boutique Hotel and Restaurant in Suffolk reflects luxury and dazzles in the waterfront of Ipswich’s vibrant Harbour quayside at night. The Salthouse Harbour Hotel Suffolk goes beyond what you expect and exudes its 4 star status in every curious corner, eccentric sofa and unstuffy cushion. The sea-salted brickwork exterior has been restored & rejuvenated into a ship shape contemporary warehouse of rich modern interiors and rooms adorned with vintage furniture, sculptures and eclectic art. Within its comfy chic decor, although the mood is friendly and relaxed, the staff are professionally attentive to your every need. The cuisine is exciting and its popularity fills this delightful waterfront eatery as soon as the tables are laid. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Salthouse Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salthouse Harbour Ipswich
- Hotel Salthouse Harbour
- Salthouse Harbour Hotel Ipswich, Suffolk