“Birthday romantic meal” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 23 hotels in Ipswich
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
“Birthday romantic meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is my favourite restaurant ever and I was lucky Enough to be taken there for my 35th birthday. I had steak and my fiancé had venison both of which were absolutely divine. The service is professional and completely first class. We had starters, mains, shared a dessert and had a bottle of red wine and was just short of a £130 - worth every penny!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
LynnCowan, Manager at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest

I am glad to read that you had a lovely 35th birthday meal at The Salthouse Harbour Hotel. I hope was can welcome you back to The Salthouse soon.

640 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and once again it did not disappoint.

We stayed in a marina view room which was furnished superbly and had great views of the marina, even on an overcast winter's day. Large comfortable bed and wonderful rain head shower and roll top bath.

Check in was seamless and friendly attentive staff.

If you book you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Marina view room if you can get it
Dear Guest

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback on The Salthouse Harbour Hotel. I am glad that you had a great time and I hope that I can welcome you back in the future.

Leicestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

This was a secret escapes break for 1 night which strangely happened to be on the same day that Leicester city played Ipswich.(I love it when a plan comes together) a great boutique hotel which was just as it looked in the adverts. Our room overlooked the car park with a partial view of the harbour The room was very spacious and well laid out, there was a choice of bath or shower in the bathroom which is unusual. The decor is a mixture of the old salt house and ultra modern with amazing lighting. We ate in the restaurant which had a very nice ambiance and our table overlooked the harbour. The food was both well presented and delicious, there was a good choice of wine at a reasonable price. All the staff were very attentive and the service was exceptional. I agree with other reviewers that it would be ideal to have a fridge in the room.

Room Tip: Try and get a harbour view room, the restaurant has a good reputation in Ipswich so be sure to book...
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for you kind review and I am happy that you enjoyed your time at The Salthouse Harbour Hotel, I hope to welcome you back in the future.

With King Regards
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed here to use up a one nights bed & breakfast voucher, a Christmas present from my sister 2 years ago and which expired at the end of next month. This place was great. A friendly welcome and a lovely room on the fourth floor with a partial view of the boats on the Marina.

The room was large and comfortable with a comfy bed and pleasant bathroom. We ate in the hotel restaurant which was packed and really buzzing. Service was perhaps a little slow, but the food was excellent, as was the full Suffolk breakfast the next morning.

The shopping centre of Ipswich was less than a 10 minute (signposted) walk away and we really enjoyed our walk in the sunshine after breakfast, looking at the interesting Marina area.

Will come again in the summer - they take dogs for only £5 extra - and explore the surrounding countryside (Woodbridge, Aldeburgh, Southwold etc.)

Dear John and Susan

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on The Salthouse Harbour Hotel. I appreciate your feedback and I will be passing your comments on to my departments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and I do hope to be welcoming your back to The Salthouse Harbour Hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in a Sail Loft Marina room, which was exactly like the picture and with a great view of the harbour. Rooms were clean and spacious, my only issues were with the worktop space in the bathroom which was very limited, and also there wasn't a fridge in the room which was a shame as my partner had a surprise bottle of champagne for me as it was my birthday so we couldn't chill it in our room which was a little disappointing.
The hotel décor is really nice with great art pieces dotted around the hotel. We used the restaurant for afternoon tea, dinner, and breakfast and all the meals were really good. Service was attentive and professional.
The immediate location by the hotel is full of bars and restaurants so there is plenty of choice, but in peak season you really need to book the best paces in advance. Once you leave the harbour area though, there is nowhere to go and the area isn't too pleasant.
If I'm in the area again I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about The Salthouse on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and your comments have been taken on board.

Thank you once again and I hope to be welcoming you back to The Salthouse Harbour Hotel in the near future.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

What a great hotel. Recognising from the booking that my wife and I were celebrating the hotel had left us a big bunch of flowers in our room - a lovely touch.

We did the decadent package; afternoon tea, bottle of bubbly in the room, pamper treats, 4 course dinner with wine, breakfast, and the penthouse suite all for £350. A great price for a luxurious break.

We took the afternoon tea in the restaurant, and the staff sat us on the table where I'd proposed to my wife many years ago! A fine selection of sandwiches and sweet treats which a re just delicious.

The evening meal was also really good - with the starter and fish course (and my wife's veggie alternatives) being particular highlights.

Bubbly in the room was delicious and the pamper treats were just what was needed for a weekend away from the kids.

We had room 604 one of the two penthouses which offered stunning views across the harbour - we spent hours just lounging around relaxing.

The only downside is all the noise til the early hours from Isaacs next door (which the bedroom overlooks). It was beyond loud and into obtrusive. The only downside to an otherwise fantastic break - I highly recommend this hotel - but if staying in a Friday or Saturday check where your room is. Hopefully The Salthouse can come to an arrangement with Isaacs about shutting down at midnight.

Room Tip: Ask for any room away from isaacs
Dear Tim

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay at The Salthouse. I am glad overall that you had a wonderful time with us, your comments have been noted and I will be passing them along to my management team. We hope that we can welcome you back to The Salthouse Harbour Hotel in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed for the fourth time and paid a bit more for a loft room and were upgraded to one of the rooms with the Juliet Balcony. It was lovely and the views over the waterfront and the marina were so relaxing. The staff are always so friendly and the food is superb. Definitely our favourite in the area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rachel

Thank you for you kind comments about The Salthouse Harbour Hotel and taking the time to write a review. I am glad that your time spent with us was enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With Kind Regards

Been to Salthouse Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!