“Excellent value for money!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 activities in Ipswich
Type: Farms
Attraction Details
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Our first visit here today ( on recommendation from a friend) myself and 4 yr old son. Great afternoon out for £2 per person .
Plenty for children to see and do, lovely walk with plenty of activities along the way. My son loved it and wants to return again with a picnic. Toilet facilities fine, really nice restaurant/cafe and a reasonably priced farm shop. We will return soon and recommend.

Haverhill, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Good Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our first visit with our grandson, well impressed, spacious, various activities en route for children, picnic areas and plenty of hand washing facilities.

The farm shop and cafe were good value for money. A two course Sunday lunch for under £11 and it looked good. Choice of cakes, scones etc. were very tempting, lovely cup of tea and reasonably priced. All in all a good afternoon out and you need not spend more than £2 unless you wish to.

Colchester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Nice afternoon out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and son visited on a Friday afternoon. We found the farm easy enough got out of the car for a nice walk round in the sun.

We paid at the entrance to the farm trail, brought some animal feed and of we went. It was a nice enough walk, with various things to see along the way. There were old ride on lawnmowers, a tractor, wellie throwing (my favorite), some small play areas and of course farm animals.

There were cows, pones, a horse, goats guniee pigs, rabbits, turkeys, al pacas and pigs, there were probably a few others that I have missed too. We fed the cows, goats and pigs and the rest we chucked on the floor near whatever animal we could see at the time.

We spent a about half an hour in one of the larger play areas which consisted of a couple of homemade rope swings, some tires and a slide. I would say on the whole the play equipment was designed for slightly older children and there wasn't quite enough for the under 3's to play on, but there was enough to keep them entertained.

After our walk around the trail we popped in the shop/cafe for a drink before our drive home. The toilets were a little grubby, especially the baby changing room, but again it did what it needed to do.

We found a table and sat outside on the veranda and ordered our drinks. It wasn't particularly busy and it took longer than we expected for our drinks to arrive. My wife also had to cross back over the car park to the entrance to the trail in order to purchase and ice cream as they didn't have any at the cafe, which we thought was a bit strange.

If you are looking for a relatively cheap afternoon out then you cant go far wrong, nice walk, nice surroundings, nice animals and a nice cafe, but that is pretty much it, nice.

Hope it helps, enjoy your visit and thanks for reading.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Great for kids but beware of restaurant rules”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely day at Hollow Trees Farm with a friend and our two one year old children. The nature trail was great value for money at only £2! Lots of animals to see and very spacious so never felt crowded.
We ate in the restaurant which was lovely and clean and enjoyed home made cake. But we were very shocked and dissapointed to be told that our children should not be eating home brought food into the restaurant. As our children had started eating, they let them continue but told us it was due to health & safety.Never have I heard such none sense! I have taken my daughter to so many restaurants & cafe's with home brought good and never had a problem. I can understand this rule with older children but they are still considered as babies/toddlers and to order a proper meal for them is ridiculous! I felt so strongly about this I had to write this review.
I would return to Hollow Trees Farm but will give the cafe a miss next time which is such a shame.

Visited July 2013
Lakenheath, United Kingdom
“Very Cute!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I went to Hollow Trees Farm Shop with my husband and 8.5 month old son. We had a ton of fun and our son loved to look at all the animals especially when we got to feed them with the animal food you can buy there! Everything was very clean and we ate at their little restaurant and it was very good. Only 2 GBP to get in was a steal and was very easy to find off the road with a big sign. Would definitely go back!

Visited July 2013