Pros = Very nice and friendly staff who do the best job they can.
Cons = 256k internet allocated for free wifi internet usage, there is a pay for option which I would assume is faster. However I stay in a lot of hotels and 256k is very stingy when it comes to free internet usage 1Meg as a minimum would be more appropriate, the 256K connection felt like the dial up days.
The bed was very hard and resulted in sore ribs and a lot of tossing and turning. And the pillows were very thin and felt cheap regardless of choosing firm or soft. On the first night I was sweating all night as I thought this was due to the fact that the air conditioning wasn't functioning properly, I called reception who sent maintenance. It transpired that the radiator had been set permanently to the on position (fully on) and maintenance had to use a wrench to turn it off manually, adding to this that the air conditioning wasn't working and the heat in the room was unbearable for any length of time. Maintenance said it was for the comfort of guests as this was still classed as wintertime. If that's comfort, then I wouldn't like to see what they classed as uncomfortable. Adding to that the weather forecast was for up to 21 degrees last week. Anyway, the maintenance guys were nice and fixed the problem for me quickly. I did have a 5 month old baby in the room and high temperatures can be dangerous when sleeping at night. The iron didn't work and was replaced also. The pool although good has some sort of brown rust forming at one side. In conclusion I feel the staff are very good, but the hotel itself could do with a refurbishment and free internet should be faster and in line with competitors.
Would we book this hotel again? Not unless the above was advertised as improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated just off the A12/A14 interchange, this Ipswich hotel is only 4 miles from Ipswich Town Centre and Ipswich Football Club. Close to all amenities and a perfect base for visiting East Anglia, including the Suffolk beaches at Felixstowe & Aldeburgh, Constable Country & Dedham. A relaxed, informal hotel, ideal for business close to Adastral Park, or pleasure, together with a welcoming atmosphere will ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel has 108 guest bedrooms, all with air-conditioning & wireless high speed internet access. All of our bedrooms are non smoking - we have 20 Executive rooms, a selection of Family guest rooms and inter-connecting rooms. Our guests can also make use of the ample free car parking on site. Guests can enjoy dining and relaxing in the restaurant with an extensive choice off the A la Carte Menu or one of our Chef's Specials, and a bar which offers a wide range of refreshments, lighter meals and snacks. Kids also Stay & Eat Free*. The Spirit Health and Fitness Club boasts a fully equipped gym, steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and Beauty Rituals beauty therapist. The hotel has 8 conference rooms and we can accommodate one to one interviews, or up to 120 delegates theatre style. We offer competitive 24hr rates and Day Delegate packages. *Terms & Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Ipswich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ipswich Hotel Ipswich
- Ipswich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ipswich Suffolk