“Consistently good...” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Ipswich
“Consistently good...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stay here quite allot. The staff are always friendly and helpful, Rachel in bookings always very good, quickly responding to booking requests etc. One of the great things is reception, particularly Jade always remembers my name, having room details ready - makes a customer feel valued, well done. The Gym facilities are also very good at this hotel.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are better.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Mike1333,

Thanks for the great review - we love 5 star reviews !!

Thanks also for the great feedback about the team, especially Rachel and Jade. We work hard to ensure our guests are happy, and I'm pleased this was the case for your stay.

Thanks again.

Paul Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Stamford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Arrived at Holiday inn 2.30 Friday afternoon for a long weekend. Warm Welcome from the reception staff however the room was not ready, but we were offered complimentary drinks while waiting. The hotel was clean, the room comfortable and a very convenient location for visiting Suffolk. Would recommend it and use it again if in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back were very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 3Vanessa,

Thanks for your review, and your recommendation.

Sorry your room wasn't ready, but pleased you enjoyed our hospitality.

I hope you enjoyed Suffolk, and please do stop by again.

Thank-you

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night - welcomed by very efficient young lady on Reception. Room we had was an executive room, very spacious, nice bathroom, very clean and comfortable.
Bar area nice and open, Restaurant good with very nice selection of food, buffet or a la carte.
Central location. Had previously stayed at the Holiday Inn - Orwell - Ipswich and this one was far far better - no comparison. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose an executive room if you can, on ground floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Elizabth W,

Wow - 5 stars !! Thank-you.

It makes our hard work worthwhile.

I am pleased you had a great stay, and we will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Was visiting Ipswich on business and after my 4 hour drive from the Midlands, I was completely shattered. The check in process was extremely slow which was disappointing. The hotel itself is clean and quite modern. The room was very nice and clean, shower excellent. Everything you could want really. I ordered room service and this was delivered promptly and was surprisingly good. I didn't realise the hotel had a pool, but popped down to the Tesco Extra about 1 min drive to the south, picked up some swimming shorts for £3 and enjoyed the pool, jacuzzi and sauna. Great facilities. Breakfast was good, standard Holiday Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chrisb2331,

Thanks for the great review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, and we will look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in Ipswich.

Regards

Southend-on-sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Handy for shops, park and ride and road connections. This hotel has the lot; big flat screen TV, teas and coffee facilities, free wifi in the lounge, great decor, luxury bathroom, fantastic pool area. It is difficult to find fault with this hotel, we even got a glass of champagne on arrival.

Room Tip: We had an internal room overlooking a bit of green so it was very quiet but expect most rooms are qu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear AlanJames66,

Wow - thank-you for the 5 star rating.

It's great to receive feedback such as yours - thank-you. I will be sure to share this with the team, who will be equally delighted.

Thank-you.

Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed for one night on business and have no complaints. Friendly welcome at reception and was even offered a drink as I checked in. Bed was pretty comfy and the room had a mini fridge as well as a good sized LCD TV with HD channels optional movies. Leisure club has good facilities (which are free for guests to use) with gym, pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. Plenty of parking and good location for Ipswich town. Rack rate is perhaps a little high(but then this is Holiday Inn and I normally stay at HI Express hotels as they tend to offer better value) but I did manage to get a decent rate through one of the online booking sites. It may be worth calling beforehand to ask what their best rate is. My only little niggle was the towels! The bath towels were more like oversized hand-towels and were so rough I could have sanded furniture with them. Would stay again but may take my own towels next time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mike M,

Thank-you so much for taking the time to post such great comments about your stay. I have a great team here at the Holiday Inn Ipswich, and we do all work hard to ensure our guests are satisfied, so comments such as yours are really appreciated.

Thank-you

Peterborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Went to the Holiday Inn for two nights. the usual efficient and friendly staff, and the place was
very clean however we booked an executive room, the room itself was very good, fridge stocked with beer, wine soft drinks snacks etc as part of the deal but the bathroom was tiny, I had difficulty actually getting out of the bath and my wife was black and blue. The buffet breakfast was very good. the black spot was the Wednesday evening meal we decided to eat in the restaurant, booked a table after perusing the menu and we fancied the pork chop dinner, however when we got to the restaurant the menu was different to the one displayed, there was no pork chop dinner, there was a pork escallop, but that was off, this at 7-30 with about five diners in evidence, so I opted for fish and my wife ordered a cheese omelette, it was the worst omelette she has ever had, overcooked and rubbery. my fish looked as though it had been thrown onto the plate it was served with the bottom uppermost and spread over the potatoes I am still looking for the lemon wedge, the waitress was very good offered a different meal but we declined and we had a free dessert and coffee and did not pay for my wife's meal, the waitress gave me the manager's card and said that we were to contact him, I emailed him when we got home on the Friday and now five days later I am still waiting for him to get back to me. I probably will stay at a Holiday Inn again but not this one, perhaps Wednesday was the chef's night off?

Room Tip: Don't book the executive rooms they are the farthest away from the bar etc
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Turnbull,

I am sorry that you were still disappointed with the outcome of your complaint while you were here. Your omelette was freshly prepared as an off menu item, I am sorry you did not enjoy it. As you explained, we did refund you on the night, and following your stay, I refunded you in full for your entire meal.

I would invite yourself, and all my guests to call me on my mobile phone number (which is provided at check-in) if you have a pressing issue which you feel needs immediate attention.

Thank-you for the positive comments about the team, and the other aspects of your stay.

Kind regards

Paul Smith

Been to Holiday Inn Ipswich? Share your experiences!