“Great big plates of curry. Mmmmmm!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #137 of 345 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Unable to find a listing on Trip Advisor for The Gandhi, an Indian Restaurant in Ipswich, UK
London, United Kingdom
“Great big plates of curry. Mmmmmm!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We saw this opposite a good pub we had been in for a few drinks. And what an excellent choice! I'll confess to being a bit London-centric when it comes to decent curries so was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this for the price, let alone the massive portion sizes. I had the vegetarian set meal for one for believe it or not less than sixteen quid. This comprised four, yes FOUR large onion bhajis, a veg curry cooked to suit (I had mine v hot), a big plain rice, Bombay aloo and a spinach side. And then kulfi. And then coffee. Oh, forgot to mention the popadoms as well. No chance of my five chums really helping as they had their hands full with huge meals of their own.....!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Top of the tree”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Visited last week, there is plenty of competition around Town and having tried most this scores 5***** and is the best. Service was excellent and the Lamb Ansari was superb. Shall be returning soon.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
UK
“Love it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Another good curry from the Gandhi - enough said. Never had a bad one from here and it seems to be getting more and more popular which kind of confirms it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Suprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've only been to Ipswich once before and that wasn't an overnight stay, so this was my first time to eat in the town. After a 10 minute walk from my hotel I found the location for my next days visit, and also found that there were several places to eat in the local street. I chose the Ghandi as it was effectively on my way back to the hotel.
I wasn't disappointed the menu selection was good and there was some dishes that seemed to be new to my Indian experience. I was very please with the choice and the quality, and quantity were both excellent. I would certainly consider going back if I was visiting the town again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Relief!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The restaurant we were hoping to visit for lunch was closed and we walked a long way looking for another. I was getting so hungry that I actually considered a chain pizzeria but then we found Gandhi half an hour before they closed. We only had time for some poppadoms and a main course each but the tandoori chicken was moist and very tasty and my King Prawn Tikka Mossalla was delightful! Thank you very much.

• Visited May 2013