“Not 'arf bad - Huge portions” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #156 of 313 restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Mexican and Latin American Cuisine. Two entrances on Princes street and Queen Street.
Crowborough, United Kingdom
“Not 'arf bad - Huge portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Not a lot of research went into this to be honest. They were able to squeeze us in even though we turned up on spec. Blue Moon and Coors Light wouldn't be on my top list of beers but beggars can't be choosers.

Most of us opted for the Nachos 'More' for a starter and it did what it says on the tin although I did think maybe we had got the tail end of the packet.

For the main course I had the ribs and chicken goujons. The smoked sauce was good and the ribs weren't at all fatty. I was glad I went for the mini size as everyone elses portions were massive so I was able to help my wife out with hers! A tortila envelope of some description I think. I just ate the meat mind as I was pretty full myself but it was still pretty good.

Our waitress was nice and friendly and ably helped us wind up our mate so all in all a pretty good visit. Would I go back again? Yep.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

47% Recommend
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“HUGE portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We visited before 6pm on a weekday and they were clearly busier than they had expected to be but the staff were working were trying very hard to keep up and we weren't kept waiting too long.
All 3 of us had burgers, there is a large selection of different toppings and all of them sound yummy. The portions were huge, almost too big :-)
Would definitely reccommend, especially if you fancy a good burger!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Harwich, United Kingdom
“Food Not Great, Service Not Great !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

1st time visit at 7pm mid week. We were greeted at the door by a waitress and we asked for a table for 2. We were asked if we had booked, when we said we had'nt the waitress then said 'we will have to see if we have a table available' even though the place was virtually empty with only 2 tables being dined at !!???!!!
We eventually were seated and given our menus and drink order taken. menu looked quite impressive. Starters was a mixed bag, wifes starters of nachos was good and was a big, big portion but my starters of scallops was'nt very nice. The scallops were absolutley tiny and resembled winkles rather than scallops.
When we finished our starters, it was a good 15 min wait for somebody to come along and clear our dirty plates which wasnt good and when they did, they did not speak, ask how the starters were or anything, the service was very cold & impersonal !.
Main meals were ok, big portions but lacking on quality. I opted for the Mambo Combo and chose wedges to go with the ribs, chicken and chilli. The wedges were not good. They were far too big and were soggy. The rest of the dish was ok though.
Other negatives, - at no point did anyone come over and ask how our food was on either course and we was not offered any more drinks throughout the meal.
Being a Latin American / Mexican Restaurant I was fully expecting salsa style music to be playing to create the atmosphere but ended up with 80's/90's pop ?
Positives - Large portions, wide selection on menu and thats it !

All in all it was a dissapointing experience and would certainly not rush back here. Shame as it wouldnt take a great deal to make the place a really enjoyable restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Shocking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I took my family a few weeks ago. Both my sister and I had steak whilst my partner(chef) had burger and wedges. Not sure what mum had!
-the medium steak was rare
-the med/rare steak was well done
-wedges were uncooked
I mentioned this to what I assumed was the manager(as she was barking orders at the attentive and pleasant waitresses ) to be told that there was nothing wrong with the steaks.... I proceeded to explain that my partner is a Chef! And that she was wrong. I then showed her the wedges to which she answered " well they have been baked in the oven for 3 hours " which was a lie as they were grainy. Didn't appreciate the sarcasm or the dreadful food! We had a reduction on the bill but to be honest we would of rather of eaten somewhere that offered well cooked food and great staff not the anti-Christ

• 1 of 5 stars Food
edinburgh
“nice food and staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Never visited before, but really enjoyed our meal, and the staff were really pleasant and helpful.
They had a large party who came in after us, and worked really hard to deal with them.

• Visited July 2012