“Just brilliant!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cheadle, United Kingdom
“Just brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our daughter lives in Ipswich and when we visit we need somewhere to stay that is close by without the massive expense of a Hotel every time. I came across this home from home by accident and we were all delighted with the result. The rooms are spotless and the beds are comfortable and you don't feel like lots of people have slept in it before you! The self serve breakfast is great for us as different family members like to get up at different times and get on with their day. A great find and one that we will be using many times in the future. Susie and Steve were delightful and made us all feel very welcome. When our daughter came over to see us Susie invited her to have some breakfast and cup of coffee - how nice was that!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms in this Accommodation!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at Innocence Rooms for my birthday trip in August - 3nights.
All B&Bs should be like this!
Our room was luxurious, the food was super and having total freedom to come and go, to eat or make drinks at any hour of the day or night and to use the house and pretty garden as a home-from-home all added up to a relaxing and satisfying break.
We would recommend this B&Bto anyone without hesitation.

Room Tip: No swimming pool or fitness room. Not expected or needed. The ratings section will not let me delete...
yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

A LIITLE GEM

As far as accommodation goes, I have high standards. Having read a previous review, I was unsure on whether to stay here. I am glad that I did!.
The room was excellent. Bed fab pillows a dream.
It is definitely a home from home, as a businessperson you need safety, comfort, and access to the internet.
My thanks have to go to Susie and Steve, who did everything to accommodate me,
If you are a family, elderly or single this accommodation provides all things to all groups, and I will definitely be staying again.
Top quality, top drwaer

Give this little gem a try!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Innocence_Rooms, Owner at Innocence Rooms, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Susie and I wish to thank the reviewer for her positive review, but feel honour bound to point out an error - the lady who wrote the review did not actually stay at Innocence Rooms!! She did, in fact, stay at Innocence Rooms Express, which we also manage and both she and ourselves have done our best to have her review re-located ever since - with no success. This said, we're delighted she liked Innocence Rooms Express in the same way so many of other guests have declared their liking for Innocence Rooms. We would take this opportunity to thank everyone for their great reviews.
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I regularly stay over in Ipswich 1 or 2 nights a week on business and because my normal guest house (which is great) was fully booked I had to find somewhere else and because of this I luckily found Innocence Rooms.

Everything about this 'home from home' is brilliant - the booking process is personal, the quality and size of the room and on-suite is excellent and substantial, the self-service kitchen is well stocked for when you arrive and offered a really good range of quality food for breakfast PLUS there is a conservatory that you can use as an office.

I will now have my two home based salesmen stay here when they come down every couple of weeks.

This is a new format of guest house / small hotel and it works so well - congratulations to the owners and I can see why they have already opened another 'express' version.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Loved the 'no fuss' concept of this B&B. Prior to arrival I was contacted with the code to the front door to let myself in. In the hallway was a welcome letter telling me which room I was in and that the key was in the door. I had booked a standard room, this was large, modern and immaculately clean. The bathroom was also modern and clean with lovely fluffy towels, toiletries and hair drier. TV in the room had cable so plenty of channel choice, also free wifi if you had brought your laptop etc.
The communal kitchen was large, modern and again immaculately clean. This was a 'help yourself' set up with tea/coffee and whatever other staples you found in the fridge or cupboards. You could easily prepare yourself a meal in the kitchen as it had all the facilities to do this.
There was a lovely conservatory attached to the kitchen leading into the garden, again all lovely presented, modern and clean.
Breakfast was a help yourself buffet of pastries, cereal, yoghurts, cheese, ham, toast, eggs, juice etc. It was plentiful and a good variety to suite most tastes.
The guesthouse apparently was fully booked when I stayed but I didn't see any other guests so actually felt like I had the place to myself.
The only drawback that I can comment on is the other inconsiderate guests, who from 5am repeatedly slammed their bedroom and front doors. Obviously the owners cannot control this but maybe a line in the welcome letter advising not to slam doors wouldn't go a miss or putting a 'soft close' mechanism on the doors would solve this.
Overall I cannot recommend this guesthouse enough and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Shipton Oliffe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Excellent B and B. The use of the kitchen for yourself is very good as there are some things left for you to use free of charge eg cheese and biscuits, bread, fruit, and frequenly some pastries left over from breakfast. Also there are full sets of pots and pans and crockery for cooking as well as oil, bread, milk, tea, coffee of various types etc. There is a Chinese take-away over the road and an Indian behind it on the next road (one minute walk). The Indian was very cheap and portions large enough but quality was not particularly good.(can't expect more for £3.75 for a Jalfrezi!!). There is a microwave to heat prepared meals, so the economy traveller can save on evening meals by cooking . You have to wash up odds and ends but there is a dishwasher. Breakfast is laid out for you with cold gammon, cereals, fruit, yoghurts, pastries etc. You can make your own boiled egg, toast etc The kitchen is very large and modern as are the rooms and the lounge (with nice views to the garden - where you can sit out to have breakfast on a nice day). The lounge is a pleasant space and the garden is well protected from cold winds on all sides. The rooms are well serviced. This is a well thought out concept and certainly worked for us. It is very good value and I can see it being number one in Ipswich for a long time. The owners have just opened an Innocence Rooms Express in Norwich Road, Ipswich. I believe there are some differences on what is offered, but you'll have to look it up or read the reviews to see the difference. But for me this was one almighty thumbs up for the owners (who read the reviews(!) - as all good business people need to do). There is a bus stop just outside the B and B to take you to town as parking is expensive there. Very handy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
East Sussex England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stayed one night on business. Easy access and parking. Room large, excellent decor and clean. The en suite was large with plenty of hot water and power shower. The breakfast was varied and plenty. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. Although it is situated on a busy road and the room I had was at the front of the house I couldn't here any traffic noise once inside. I would definitely stay again on my annual business trip to Ipswich.

Room Tip: I stayed in 'Ebony' although on front of building it was nice and quiet and on the ground fl...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Innocence Rooms? Share your experiences!