“Great food and service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

As a regular Chimichanga visitor, I always expect good food and this was no exception. We got to choose our own seating and drinks were served quickly. Given the perfect amount of time to choose meals which also arrived quickly. As always, I do find the drinks too expensive and they didn't have any of the draught beer and considering there was only one available that was a bit disappointing but overall another great Chimichanga experience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Mixed feelings.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit here. I was impressed by the volume of vegetarian options to start with. We were seated quickly and it was very quiet so a choice of seating would have been nice. We were quickly served with our drinks and left to decide on our food, however for too long. It wasn't busy but we waited for 15 minutes. Eventually our order was taken from a very polite young lady. Our starter came and it was the veggie sharer which couldn't be faulted. Our mains came 20 minutes after our starter was cleared which is just too long. I had ordered a veggie bean chimichanga and my partner ordered a pulled pork one. When they arrived I was asked if mine was the veggie one to which I replied it was. I cut into it and immediately was met with the hot waft of pork which turned my poor pregnant tummy. My partner sure enough had mine. We swapped them but it took me a while to get my appetite back. However we both eventually enjoyed our food. When asked if everything was ok I told the waitress what had happened and she apologised. We then ordered dessert which took over 30 minutes to arrive and before it got to us we were offered the bill. To the waitress' surprise I told her we were still waiting on dessert. She apologised and ran off to look for it. In amongst this wait a waiter clearing another table dropped a pot containing salsa which bounced off the floor and up my partners leg. He barely apologised and still there was no dessert. A waitress came over to apologise and see if we were ok and it was at this point I asked to speak to the manager. Whilst waiting desserts arrived shortly followed by the manager. He explained our desserts weren't forgotten about but there had been a mishap in the kitchen. I accept this but good customer service would have been to explain why there had been a delay not leave us waiting. However the manager apologised and took our more expensive main and a dessert off the bill as compensation. I accept the gesture but I will only return if there's a good deal on. I wouldn't return to pay full price as it was very expensive for a chain restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Love it here!! One of my favs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My favourite restaraunt in ipswich, I love it here. The churros are to die for!! Service is good, food is amazing!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Always loved the food here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I am a massive fan of Mexican food and so Chimichangas is often my first choice when I eat out.
I have always found the food here good, especially the churros which are delicious!
The staff can often be a bit hard to understand and there is one particular waitress who is very hard to hear, but it isn't really much of an issue.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marbella, Spain
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have eaten here before and were delighted by the food and service. This time though, the experience was dreadful.

Things got off to a good start, we were seated quickly and served enthusiastically. Our food arrived quickly and was of a high standard. Just before the main course arrived though, things went rapidly downhill.

A large group arrived and took three big tables, they were celebrating a wedding of some description. They were extremely loud (we were unable to hear our own conversation),boisterous, shouting across the restaurant, and their language was unacceptable. It was more like being in a pub after a football match than a nice restaurant. The staff did nothing to calm their unruly behaviour, other diners were leaving in disgust.

As soon as the huge group arrived, the good service stopped. It took 40 minutes from finishing our main course to the dessert (simple ice cream) to arrive, and we just felt like we were in the way, a distraction from the main event.

We will not be returning to Chimi Changa in Ipswich, after this expensive disappointment. The potential is there - it's a nice restaurant, the food is good, and on previous visits we've enjoyed it; but this time it was awful. Dreadful atmosphere and an unpleasant dining experience.

• Visited July 2013