“Pleasantly surprised!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Ipswich, Suffolk, England
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stopped in on a busy Saturday for a drink and after looking at the menu, decided to have a baguette. I was very pleased with the chicken and bacon option and thought the extras like salad and crips were very generous.

The staff were keen to serve and the atmosphere was great. I like all the little places to sit.

Spotless toilets as well!

My only criticism was limited selection of beers on tap.

I would highly recommend Isaacs to anyone.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

liverpool
“good place to eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Considering its location on the quayside Issac’s is really quite reasonably priced. The menu is not over powering with too much on it but what is on the menu is cook and presented really well. I would recommend a visit is you looking for decent Pub food at decent prices in a nice location.

Visited September 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Yummy fish and chips but a bit pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Located by the waterfront in Ipswich beautiful views especially on a lovely sunny day. I hate plastic glasses especially if they chipped and dirty looking that said staff were very friendly.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ipswich
“issues in certain aspects”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I really like the atmosphere here, staff are generally friendly although the door men are a bit intimidating, I often come here purely for the vibe. However, went bank holiday Sunday when the Queen tribute band were on, they were excellent, brilliant atmosphere, BUT:- ordered a cheese burger, vegi burger and chips off the bbq. OMG i couldn't eat it. Having ordered and paid, we were told there was a wait, which in all fairness was fine as they were very busy. We went back to collect the food 15 mins later. The food wasn't ready but this isn't my issue. I noticed that none of the guys and girl serving were wearing gloves and were touching the raw meat and the cooked food. One guy rubbed his face, checked with his hands to see if a portion of chips that were sitting on the side was still warm, decided they weren't warm enough then promptly put them back in the fryer! The same utensils were being used to serve the meat and the vegi burgers and salad, surely this cannot be correct! We decided to block all this out and eat it anyway, but had 1 mouthful of the cheese burger and couldn't eat anymore! I hope that the management look at this, I know the lady behind us complained to 1 of the guys who was serving and said she was going to complain, I don't know if she did, but I will be contacting Issacs via their website to highlight this. I appreciate it was very busy, but these things are just common sense when handling food. Shame as had a very good day here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Nice place ruined by high prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to Ipswich and the second time I visited Isaacs. After ordering our drinks I remembered why I didn't stay long the last time. £5.60 for a glass of Luke warm (although it did come out of the fridge) served in a plastic glass. I absolutely hate plastic glasses, especially when they're dirty plastic with the remains of the previous users lipstick. That said staff were very friendly.

Visited August 2013