“Reception Staff Let It Down” 2 of 5 stars

Premier Inn Ipswich - Chantry Park
Old Hadleigh Road | Sproughton, Ipswich IP8 3AR, England   |
Ranked #4 of 23 hotels in Ipswich
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Reception Staff Let It Down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I booked this hotel via the internet as I usually do and then followed it up the next day by a phone call to request a room on the quieter side of the hotel as I'm a very light sleeper. The person I spoke to said that they were not in front of the reservation computer at the time but took my details and assured me that they would make sure that this was done.

The next day I arrived at the hotel to check in was during the process was assured by the receptionist that I had been assigned one of their quietest rooms. I dropped by luggage in the room and went straight into the restaurant as I was meeting a colleague.

On returning to my room later I could hear some road noise but thought that this was just local traffic as is fairly normal for Premier Inns and which normally quietens down later in the evening, how wrong I was, I spent most of the night being kept awake by the traffic and even ended up putting the TV on to try and drown it out.

The following morning on departure I mentioned this to the person on the reception desk expressing my disappointment that they had totally ignored my request twice, who was totally disinterested, did not apologise and then just turned to carry on talking to other staff members that were behind the reception desk.

I stay at Premier Inns on a regular basis and this is the first time that i have been treated in this way, normally the reception staff are keen to help but it appears not here, pity as they let the rest of the staff there down.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here and are a light sleeper then take 5 minutes to lie on the bed and check tha...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Ipswich - Chantry Park, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to provide this due to the noise disturbances you encountered throughout your stay.

Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Naina

Online Customer Service Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Sleaford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

As always, Premier deliver consistency. It's warm, comfortable, clean and you can get a half decent meal. It is a bit in the middle of nowhere, but most Premiers are. Everything you need is on site, and most of us just want to arrive, shower/bath, have a glass of wine or a beer and something to eat. Then sleep. There's no other chain that will deliver those as consistently. No, they are not paying me!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here for one night, the rooms are clean with new decor and very comfortable. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The breakfasts were the best of all the premier ins we ave stayed at with a good choice and very well cooked. The location is a quiet one and very accessible as well as only being a few minutes from the town. We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel was modern, clean and bright. The room was lovely and clean with a choice of pillows and adjustable heating. The staff were lovely, welcoming and friendly! All that you would expect from a Premier Inn. There was plenty of free parking. The Beagle is the Vintage Inn next door where you can order food up to 10 p.m. but the prices are not cheap. Nice menu. My sat nav had a bit of a problem locating the hotel and the signage on the road is not brilliant. Comprehensive breakfast selection which would suit all tastes.

Room Tip: Room 10 is quite close to reception so you do hear a bit of noise and cooking smells in the morning.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ashford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The entrance was clean and spacey. We were warmly welcomed and listened to. Everything was explained and we were processed quickly. The hotel appeared clean and comfortable and certainly our room had everything we needed. Compared with the room/hotel we had stayed at the night before, this was heaven. With Premier you know what standard and facilities will be offered which is comforting. The dinner and breakfast were very good value with a nice choice and quality of food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Firstly I must say that the Staff were fantastic. Polite, attentive and eager to help in every way. The breakfast was superb. The only issue was that the room is directly over the reception and entrance area and they have automatic doors. Every time someone game through the doors there was a loud buzzing sound. Annoying when you're trying to work or watch TV but impossible if you're trying to sleep. It's a bit like Chinese Water Torture - you lie there waiting for the next noise and just when you decide it's finished and you start to doze off it goes again!!! With people coming back from the Beagle next door or from Ipswich after a night out the noise could go on until midnight. They do lock the door at night but if someone wants to come in the night porter has to open the door and you will hear it. It also kicked off at 6 in the morning so expect around six hours sleep if you're lucky. Luckily the 'Good Night Guarantee' meant I was refunded. As I booked very late and got the last room I would imagine they are aware of the issue and only book the room as a last resort and hope no one complains. Everything else about the hotel was up to the usual high standard Premier Inn.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Angmering
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Lovely warm and friendly staff, nice welcome on a wet night, nothing seemed too much trouble. Good breakfast inside the hotel which made it feel more intimate and cosy. Premiers could still do with updating their pillows to feather ..... I take my own. Our room had a shower only (ground floor room 16) which surprised me as I have always had a bath in the bathroom in all other Premier Inns ...... have stayed in quite a number.

Room Tip: Our ground floor room had a shower and no bath which was a bit disappointing..... didn't ask to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Premier Inn Ipswich - Chantry Park? Share your experiences!